•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Search results

1. custombolt

Doggy powered Bronco 2.9 fix.

By the way, my fully refurbed 98,600 mile 1989 Bronco II will be sold at NO RESERVE on a Bring a Trailer auction in the next 2-3 weeks under my username custombolt. It needs nothing and runs very well. What started as a barely running vehicle with good bones and lots of tired original paint and...
  2. custombolt

Got a fix for a weak factory 1989 Bronco II premium cassette player?

Yes. Poor quality sound. Not as crisp as the radio sound.
  3. custombolt

1989 BII cosmetic restoration completed.

Thanks man. This is what it looked like before it was Armor All'd.
  4. custombolt

It had good bones when it got here last January and needed a lot of small things brought up to date. But, it kept me busy making it just right. Still ain't done 100%. Got a couple touch ups where the high pressure sprayer took out a coulple bits of new paint. These B'2's sure are special. The...
  5. custombolt

Thanks Perk. All parts are orginal including the interior. I just stripped the hood to bare metal and I'm only a couple days away from getting the gloss on the clearcoat just right. Never in an accident. Never smoked in. Most likely garaged for most of its life. Solid floors. Tight suspension...
  6. custombolt

1986 Ford Bronco II for sale

Is it a V-8? Engine and interior condition?
  7. custombolt

Jet Performance PCM for the 2.9.. Has anyone used one?

Thanks for your post Dan. I am considering one. By the way the above link shows the wrong part number. But, there are two that fit the BII's according to the check fitment link. Keep me posted. I'm interested in one for my '89.
  8. custombolt

Got a fix for a weak factory 1989 Bronco II premium cassette player?

I cleaned it with electronic cleaner. Radio plays well through the original premium speakers. Please no "replace it" replies, trying to "save it". Thank you.
  9. custombolt

1989 Bronco II XLT PLUS Push buttom 4WD for sale.

Hood was stripped to bare metal and it along with the Q panel bottoms re-sprayed. Still offered for 17-5
  10. custombolt

no power under load

Yes. What's up?
  11. custombolt

1989 Bronco II XLT PLUS Push buttom 4WD for sale.

Car is my avatar. Includes factory wheels and mud/snow tires (7/32" tread Goodyears) and a set of A/S Michelins with under 100 miles on date coded 1989 American Racing 8 or 10 hole aluminum wheels. 4 month mechanical & cosmetic reconditioning is complete. Has premium stereo cassette. Radio works...
  12. custombolt

no power under load

LeBronCo Did you check the distributor to see if it is tight?
  13. custombolt

Sorry. My flatbed scanner won't send scans to my computer. Try clicking on these.
  14. custombolt

Hmmm. We called a 100% locking diff a spool. No clutches, just one solid piece. I ran one (9 inch) at Maple Grove Raceway in a '66 Mustang Fastback. Then I switched to the original 8 inch and a Traction Loc.
  15. custombolt

One in the same, a "locker" is just a slang term. The BII brochure simply calls it a limited slip rear axle. See the very last option on the list I just added. It was copied from an original Ford brochure. Thanks Uncle Gump. Officially - Auburn Ford 7.5 Traction Loc
  16. custombolt

Cleaned up nice and runs smooth and peppy. Garage kept most of its life with original interior, premium stereo/cassette, locking rear with 4:10's and over a dozen options, with all original body panels etc. Current PA title showing 98,550 miles. 4-month cosmetic restoration. Opinions appreciated.
  17. custombolt

Door sill wanted '89 B2. Right side.

Nevermind. Found one at LMC truck.
  18. custombolt

Beware of ordering new BII sill plates through Bronco Grave Yard.

They bumped up the in-stock date from 5/1 to 7/1 and they have no record of my sill plate order or email address from mid-March. Cheers.
  19. custombolt

Door sill wanted '89 B2. Right side.

I still need one door sill plate in good used condition.