•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Search results

1. jmcfates

FM145 Rebuild

Hey all, I am on working rebuilding the FM145 transmission in my 85 BII and I accidentally bought the rebuild kit for the FM146. I know the FM146 is longer but have heard the internals are pretty much the same. My question is can I use the FM146 Rebuild kit I ordered to rebuild the FM145 or do I...
  2. jmcfates

ECM Questions

I am swapping the 4.0 from a 95 explorer with an automatic transmission into my 85 bronco II with a manual transmission. I plan on replacing the entire wiring harness but am not sure what issues may result from using and ECU tuned for an automatic transmission in a manual transmission...
  3. jmcfates

85 Bronco II 4.0 swap from 95 explorer

As said above my donor is a 95 explorer. I plan on also using the 8.8 rear end out of the donor as well. My question is does anyone know if the Dana 35 from a 95 explorer is a viable replacement for the Dana 28 in the Bronco?
  4. jmcfates

Could I swap an '06 explorer V6 into an '85 Bronco II

Hey all I have an '85 Bronco II XLS. I know you can swap a V6 from an early 90's explorer but does anyone know what issues I would run into with swapping in a V6 and transmission from an '06 explorer? I am mostly concerned with how much if any fabrication (of mounts and such) I will need to do...