•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Search results

1. Gordy

replace light switch

If the lift gate is not closing tightly the 2 catches on either side (the round part in the jamb) have a torx fitting in the end which can be loosened and adjusted in or out to change how tight the lift gate latches. If that is the problem though you would think with the doors closed and the...
  2. Gordy

replace light switch

If the dome lights stayed on all the time it would indicate that one of the 3 buttons that trigger them is defective (one on each door and one on lift gate). By removing each, one at a time and removing the wire, it should show which switch might be bad. I believe the lighting circuit is closed...
  3. Gordy

replace light switch

https://www.ebay.com/itm/222992347663?itmmeta=01HR4KH06NS14X7EZCHCEZJNKZ&hash=item33eb61320f:g:zTIAAOSwoFxeRtn0&itmprp=enc%3AAQAIAAAA8IiEsfgxsPX52jFJAeuCi%2BWzKZok47KPSPJv%2FE%2FUY7a%2BYZ1PSMk1s5n26VBSobH3%2F7Stpao%2B5X409QL5An7LYw621rmk71aC5gmZaBX5omBmc2SVjZhfAtCZCU%2Fmgj5I6xpswJ0TYRwFeSOuKMLd1D...
  4. Gordy

replace light switch

Mine is an 85 but procedure should be about the same. Remove whatever screws you see that hold the bezel in. The knob on the light switch should have a small clip that if depressed with a small screw driver will remove the headlight switch.
  5. Gordy

SOLD! OEM wheels for sale

I've got the same wheels and having them reconditioned and they are removing all of the Allan head rivets? bolts? or I should say they are snapping off as they try to remove them. Does anyone know if these things thread in or where replacements could be found?
  6. Gordy

Bronco II seat belts

Actually what I am in need of are the plastic covers that cover the latch on the 3 point belt you pull over to the short center latch
  7. Gordy

1986 Bronco II Parts Wanted

I have a working lift gate / glass handle with the rods as well if you need those.
  8. Gordy

1986 B2 - Parking Brake Components

I replaced all of my PB cables on my 85. I cussed the front cable pretty good. I ended up taking the bolts out that holds the foot lever to the kick panel area. Took a while to get it back on even though it should have been a straight forward procedure.
  9. Gordy

Dash Turn Signal Indicator Light Not Flashing

I had the instrument cluster out to track down an issue with dash light fuse blowing as soon as the lights were turned on. Got that squared away and when I put it back together fuel and oil pressure gauges didn't work. Took it apart again and a couple tabs on the flexible circuit board where the...
  10. Gordy

85 B2 newbie - can you help me triage this info?

My 85 I fine tuned the idle with the idle stop set screw. I believe it was on the right side of the carb. The B2 has been at a body shop for 6 months now so it's been awhile since I've been under the hood.
  11. Gordy

Engine wont idle

Or a bad ignition switch itself possibly?
  12. Gordy

Instrument lights problem

I would guess the multi prong connector to the instrument panel is the problem. I replaced my head light switch to get my dash lights working and after I had it back together the fuel and temp gauges were not working at all. Tore it apart again, disconnected the muti connector and some of the...
  13. Gordy

Noisy Engine/Transmission

Sounds like the throw out bearing on the clutch is bad. Noisy when disengaged and when pedal is depressed and pressure is put on the bearing it quiets down.
  14. Gordy

New Headlights

Check E Bay. Lots of options...
  15. Gordy

What did you do to your Bronco today?

When I purchased my B2 last year one of the issues was that the previous owner had backed in to something and the spare tire / carrier cracked the fiberglass lift gate. I got a good used lift gate and the B2 is at the body shop now to have the gate painted and installed. I tore the rear apart on...
  16. Gordy

What is the value.... in rough terms?

Based on your description and having researched and watched prices before I bought mine last year, I would guess between $12,000 to $15,000 (if the paint looks good). That could be a little high (but the rebuilt engine is a big plus). I paid $6.200 for mine. I redid parking brake cables, rear...
  17. Gordy

Speedometer noise

No problem doing that. Also pretty simple to get the instrument cluster out if you need to replace the speedo
  18. Gordy

Choice of tire size

I would lean towards the Wal Mart tires. Bit wider, and new, mine ran $298 for the tires, $48 for the lifetime balance, $12 for new valve stems, and $40 for Road Hazard Warranty. If you eliminate the road hazard cost, your other costs including new larger tires opposed to used, would run about...
  19. Gordy

What is this connection?

It looks like one heater hose line runs down into that area.
  20. Gordy

What is this connection?

I looks like a heater hose type connection, not an A/C line type tube. Can you see where the other end is connected?