•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Search results

1. Perkinator104

2.9L loses power on long day trips

Thanks for these great pointers. I'll try to drive ready to test these things.
  2. Perkinator104

2.9L loses power on long day trips

I am humbly requesting advice from Bronco II owners with a 2.9L Cologne. On long trips on hot days, the Bronc starts losing power and getting slower and slower. When I let it cool with the hood up, it gets better, but eventually will fail again. The coolant temp guage is showin it is perfectly...
  3. Perkinator104

What did you do to your Bronco today?

I know it hurt to cut it, but you did a clean job! It'll be nice when you need access under the truck next time.
  4. Perkinator104

Interior pieces- Grab assist handles, A Pillar Trim, Jack hold down

Thanks! If you are interested in any of that stuff let me know. I havent found the lug wrench yet. The original is probably separated from the truck.
  5. Perkinator104

Interior pieces- Grab assist handles, A Pillar Trim, Jack hold down

Is the jack in the passenger side wall on yours? Like inside a little door? Ive got an 89 Bronco II, and I might could part with the jack bracket hardware. I'd rather just have a different jack anyway.
  6. Perkinator104

More images if the process for those who might want to do their own. Pro tip: cut the holes out for your sin visors BEFORE installing the headliner.
  7. Perkinator104

Glued new material onto my old headliner. I jad heard on Fractured Rooster's Youtube vid that 1989 headliners were ABS plastic. Well mine ain't. It's several layers of fiberglass molded and bonded together. I didnt remove the old foam because there was nothing hard underneath it. I just used a...
  8. Perkinator104

The headlights were cloudy and dull. It was barely safe to drive at night. I considered oil lamps to improve visibility, but opted instead for two new headlights, with new chrome trime pieces to replace the broken ones. Jenette came with these spotlights, so I wired them up last weekend. Now I...
  9. Perkinator104

Newbie with '89 Bronco II

Yeah Im gonna have to take those running boards off to fix a rust spot, and I won't put them back on unless I see a good reason. They do help my short legs in washing the roof, though!
  10. Perkinator104

Thanks! It wasn't quite a straight trade. I gave him a good check and the 2006 Liberty (2WD with 260k miles) and he threw in some offroad lights (which I heard his wife complaining about :giggle:, so I just took them and said "thanks"). I think Ill base the paint off the original, with similar...
  11. Perkinator104

'89 I need interior pics, but it is that ugly ocean of dishwater grey. Torn and sagging headliner, cracked dash, the usual. But not too bad past that. Engine runs well. Exhaust is busted (or cut) just at the front fender well, so it sounds like open headers! :icon-hornsup: I want to paint it...
  12. Perkinator104

Coolant Temp Sensor

Do you mean like the alcohol tube thing from the stone age, or some other type of mechanical temp guage?
  13. Perkinator104

Here is my new Bronco II. Just traded a Jeep Liberty for it. This vehicle actually has 4-wheel drive! :headbang: The seller told me 180,000 miles, the odometer says 10,000, but I think it's rolled over once (or twice). Body is not bad, except for the necessary dents and chips, and the corner...
  14. Perkinator104

What have you done on your Bii today?

What did you use to reseal the glass? Minde dont seem to he leaking, but the seal looks old and dry, and I know the failure of all man-made things is inevitable.
  15. Perkinator104

Coolant Temp Sensor

Do you mind showing a picture of where you found it? My coolant temp guage shows me never getting warm at all, but the engine acted like it wanted to quit and smelled hot when driving long distance on a hot day. Im not really trusting the temp reading.
  16. Perkinator104

1989 BII cosmetic restoration completed.

Amazing restoration! That's the same paint scheme as mine, but with actual clear coat. :clapping: Did it come with the red interior, or did you add that afterwards?
  17. Perkinator104

bronco II lighting

How do the lights look when the engine is off and you just turn on the headlights from battery?
  18. Perkinator104

What have you done on your Bii today?

I took it in for an allignment today. Drives way safer now!