•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Search results

1. Marty86

Fuel Lines to Tank?

I was just trying to work with what's there, but you are right I should just replace them. I'm going to see if I can find that toolset locally and if not, I'll buy that one. Jegs and I have had issues in the past with not following the shipping they said they would (and it arrive a week or more...
  2. Marty86

Thoughts on upgrading?

I've owned several 80s/90s Bronco's/Bronco II/f150's, and I'm working on reviving the old BII on the family land right now. I tend to like these older vehicles but I put my $100 down for the new Bronco. Has anyone seen one in person? Is it just a Jeep with Ford badging? Are we going to see...
  3. Marty86

Fuel Lines to Tank?

I've been working on bringing my 88 BII back to life after sitting for the past 5 or 6 years. I dropped the tank to replace the in-tank fuel unit and the plastic (or maybe they were once rubber and just hardened?) fuel lines that come from the rail fuel pump broke at the connections to the tank...
  4. Marty86

Replace Fuseable link?

I can't imagine I did that, but stranger things have happened. Thanks!
  5. Marty86

Replace Fuseable link?

I have a 86 Bronco II w/ 2.9l V6 that has been sitting for a while with the battery unplugged. I decided I wanted to move it across the yard to sell it, and when I hooked up the battery and went to start it, smoke came out of a fuseable link on the ground side. I've checked all the other...
  6. Marty86

86 Bronco II - compression test results

I'll try these out and get back to yall with the results, thanks gents!
  7. Marty86

86 Bronco II - compression test results

I obtained a 86 Bronco II that was sitting in my father-in-law's yard. He got it for parts, but only ever took one piece off and didn't bother with the rest. He gave it to me to either resurrect or sell for parts. He was told when he got it, it was a bad engine. After some playing, and a good...
  8. Marty86

Going crazy...

Apparently it's the fuel inertia switch. Can't I just bypass (delete) this switch instead of replacing it?
  9. Marty86

Going crazy...

Yeah it's going to the shop tonight, so I'll let you know what happens. The thing that sucks is that I need it for my daily driver, but I'm working so much I can't spend time on it, lol. Hopefully they can figure it out. and get us on the road. I'll let yall know what we find....
  10. Marty86

Going crazy...

I started researching again and thought the intertia switch. But after reading this (http://www.therangerstation.com/tech_library/InertiaSwitch.html) I don't think so. I think when I turn the key on, I can hear the low pressure pump. But even with the new one, I am thinking I'm not hearing the...
  11. Marty86

Going crazy...

High pressure fuel pump was bad, replaced it, found the TFI to be bad. Still won't start. What am I doing wrong here? Turns over perfect.
  12. Marty86

diesel powered explorer?

I want to put a 4bt in a BII. A guy did that to a Jeep CJ, got 200HP and 35MPG. I'm sold.
  13. Marty86

Going crazy...

I've actually been using this guy for 3 years, and he's been great. We have a sort of understanding, I do the majority of my own work, but occasionally I need some help and so he doesn't charge for diagnostics (for anyone, actually) and I'll tow it myself, so it won't cost me anything. I'll let...
  14. Marty86

Going crazy...

Well, came out to the truck Thursday afternoon to leave, and it wouldn't start. Took the wife's car, and tried Friday afternoon as well. Still wouldn't start. I played with it today, and it starts if I put starter fluid or fuel into the throttle body (I don't recommend fuel because you can fry...
  15. Marty86

early Bronco grille pics

Wow! I love this. I had some thoughts a while back about building a early bronco on a BII chasis. Put the old grill on the front, 302 under the hood. I love this!
  16. Marty86

Going crazy...

Good idea, I'll clean out the wire, I didn't think about that *doh* I am willing to say he didn't when I replaced the thermostat. I need to pop off the housing though, looks like it's leaking a tiny bit too (like 1 or 2 drips, not enough to be a big deal). Truck leaks oil enough, so I don't...
  17. Marty86

Going crazy...

I replaced the TFI last year...so maybe I need to get another one? Any thoughts on the "almost overheating"?
  18. Marty86

Going crazy...

1988 BII 4x4 5spd First off, this is my father in laws truck. He's left it at my house to figure it out. Been having a couple issues with the truck starting. You can drive around for a while, park, go in someplace and come back out and it won't start. Then, once you get starting, it's likely...
  19. Marty86

4.0 Swap into 86 bronco II

Do you need to do the whole dash swap? I really like 1st gen dashes, and for mine I don't want to change it out....
  20. Marty86

My 3 Bronco2s

So where are you at? What would you want for the red 90 and the white one?