•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Search results

1. 3

Door lock actuators

Nope I never found replacements, new or used. I don’t think salvage yards wanted to mess with it, even though they advertised them on Car-part.com. Tried 3 places, 2 said they didn’t have them and the other never contacted me back. The universal are cheap enough you could give it a shot.
  2. 3

SOLD! OEM wheels for sale

I think it was $350 for the set.
  3. 3

Catalytic converter needed?

I think that’s the route I’m going to take if I don’t get it sold by Friday, I have an appointment with the muffler shop that will put a aftermarket cat in complete for $470. The regular shop wanted $1000+ for a replacement bolt-in. If it cures the issue, then it goes on Autohunter.
  4. 3

Catalytic converter needed?

More on the saga of my 86 BII barely running. I’ve been told by my shop (after they replaced plugs, wires, fixed 180 out timing and tried a new ECM) that I have a bad cat - it’s maybe plugged causing the engine to run at less than 100%. Some background - much of the fuel and ignition system is...
  5. 3

86 BII instrument cluster help please

So I’ve bought another cluster in good shape with 55k on the odometer, think I’ll just use the shade from it and leave the original cluster intact.
  6. 3

Wow, if you could come up with one that would be great, there’s nothing around this area or on the internet (just a very few options on eBay).
  7. 3

Sounds like you’re calling the wood grain dash piece covering the cluster as the bezel, which I'm sure is the correct term. It is fine. I just need the black shade cover, but I went ahead and ordered a new cluster.
  8. 3

Mine is held in place on the cluster with an upper right and lower right tab. They broke off the bottom tab, and lost the black shade.
  9. 3

Photo attached. And black light cover is gone.
  10. 3

I am looking for an ‘86 bronco II 4x4 manual instrument cluster. Here’s the situation, a shop broke a corner piece that holds the black plastic idiot light cover on, and the black cover is nowhere to be found. So actually I just need the black cover but it’s got to be the one with the...
  11. 3

Died, won’t start… again.

OK, found a good mechanic to look at my no start issue, at this point I just wanted to get it running. The previous shop put a new distributor, coil and ignition module in and still couldn’t get it to start. This mechanic reworked the timing to get it close enough to run, so…timing was way off...
  12. 3

Cleaning interior upholstery help

Any suggestions on cleaning grease fingerprints off of the velour type material that these bronco IIs are made of?
  13. 3

Oh I completely agree. This all started when I wanted them to do a fluids change. I should have stopped there.
  14. 3

Need another opinion. The shop just called me and the one mechanic they had that could work on the bronco is out sick indefinitely, and they haven’t been able to diagnose the problem. Is it worth it to spend $100-150 on a rebuilt ECM and at least try that before I have to tow it to another shop...
  15. 3

No Start on 88 bronco 2

Did you ever figure out your problem? Going through something similar with my 86, may try to replace the ECM.
  16. 3

He told me he has all 3 - but it still won’t start, even with starter fluid. I’m wondering if the ECM has ever been switched out / worked on.
  17. 3

Well second first, same as the first. After having the car in the shop to have both fuel pumps replaced, the fuel regulator and filter, my 86 BII has died again after about 20 miles of driving. This time the shop says fuel system is fine but intermittent spark, so they’ll be trying a new...
  18. 3

Door lock actuators

Looking for both power lock actuators for an ‘86 Bronco II, 1984-11/1987 truck production date will work, anything later will not. Will pay freight to Kansas.
  19. 3

87 Donor parting out

Old thread, but I have to ask - looking for both power door lock actuators, would you happen to have any??
  20. 3

86 BII air box / blower fan removal

I have searched the forms and cannot find a good answer to this question, but on my 86 bronco II I have a little lack of airflow with the blower in any speed position, and I’m suspecting, according to other post, that I have debris lodged somewhere in that blower fan. Any other advice to why...