•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

1984 b2 hatch lock assy

iggiedog

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
anyone have or know where i can get a hatch or lift gate lock assy for my 84 B2. thanks

duffy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
I went looking for one for an 89'......none to be found, all the junk yard ones were missing already so I ended up "fixing" mine.

tw205

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Suspension Style
4wd
Are just looking for the handle and lock? I doubt you can buy them new but I think I have a spare out back. Don’t know where your at but if you are interested shout back at me.

iggiedog

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Are just looking for the handle and lock? I doubt you can buy them new but I think I have a spare out back. Don’t know where your at but if you are interested shout back at me.
yes I am the cant find the handle and lock anywhere. im in ohio

tw205

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Suspension Style
4wd
I pulled the handle off a parts truck. Is this all you need? The lock is still out there and I have the key if you need them. They are far from pristine but they work just fine.

Attachments

iggiedog

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
I pulled the handle off a parts truck. Is this all you need? The lock is still out there and I have the key if you need them. They are far from pristine but they work just fine.
thats exactly what i need. how much do you need for it

santagary

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II
Wow..I could use one too!

tw205

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Suspension Style
4wd
I found that with a little adjusting a latch from an explorer works well. A few holes need enlarged and the explorer piece has a larger bolts so you will need new nuts. I put one on my 89 BII.

Attachments

duffy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
I'll have to keep that in mind......

jjfugler

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
I have a brand new explorer handle for anyone looking. Got it at Summit Racing but don't need it.

Corymonster

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II
New B2 guy here... my 84 only has one hole in the liftgate. I read an earlier post where someone was looking for a combined lock/handle unit. Maybe it was an early run thing? Mine was a spring of 84 unit. Any guidance would be awesome. I may post up some photos in a new thread and piss everyone off... I mean, that’s what new forum members are supposed to do, right?!? 😹

gbosey

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II EB
I'm sure you guys probably already do this - but several years ago I put my handle/liftgate assembly request out on a site that existed at the time that was networked by thousands of junkyards across the nation. Got a response from a yard in North Carolina who carefully bubble wrapped and taped cardboard around it and shipped it. I don't remember how much it was but I'm sure it was under $100. I drove it down to Cabo and put it on my 90 Bronco II EB. It's worked to this day but I'm very careful not to lift the gate with it.