•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

1984 Bronco II resurrection

whtknght

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II
I really regret not pulling more of the interior but it was pretty moldy
whorehouse red parts would not look good with your blue interior

JRR1285

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
whorehouse red parts would not look good with your blue interior
My interior is actually tan. If I had kept some of the red interior I could have painted it with vinyl paint. Missed opportunities.

As for an update:

The Bronco has been moved to my house from my parents house. Having to travel to work on it was not going so well. A very generous coworker helped me move the truck.

New tires have been ordered and I have 90 days to return them if I can't get it running. The engine is back in, it has a new brake booster and master cylinder from the later Bronco II's. I was trying to crank it last October/November and I gave up out of frustration (again the traveling factor was huge). Now I can walk out my door, spend some time and walk away coming back later.

I think I am very close. Once it is up and running I will be tackling the rust issues that have set in from the sitting. Right now it is mostly cosmetic. Hopefully that is the case when I dig deeper. There is a spot on the firewall I want to repair and most other structural areas aside from the driver floor pan looks fine.

I did get a new car in the mean time.

JRR1285

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Well some great news. Got the Bronco cranking tonight. I was jumping the starter relay but it cranks. Needs a better ground for the starter. That was the original issue back in November.

Now I just need to finish wiring it up and can attempt the first run since the engine was pulled. Hopefully next week since I am on vacation starting tomorrow.

wend3lrt

Reaction score
Vehicle
Bronco ii
Any progress about your Bronco? By the way, you have a nice car!

JRR1285

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Hi, yes there has been and thank you for the compliment. Sorry for the delayed response.

It is fully running but has not moved yet. I had the rear on jack stands for a long time until this past weekend. it is now sitting on some new cooper tires with some redone wheels that need a polish. Pics below:

I just need to mount the clutch master and a throttle cable bracket to make it move. A bigger task involves redoing the rear brakes including lines. That is the last big step before it is road worthy. I also need to replace the driver floor pan. It is starting to come together though.

JRR1285

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Well it's an exciting day. I drove my Bronco for the first time ever and it's the first time it has moved under its own power in almost exactly 20 years.

Drove it to the backyard and back a few times. Forgot how great the turning radius is on these things. Daughter loved riding in it.

Last edited:

alwaysFlOoReD

Blang - not bling
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '93, '98
Vehicle
Various
Engine Size
4.0, 4.0, 4.6
Suspension Style