•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

1987 B2 Sun Roof

donzoh1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
I'm wondering whether anyone knows in what years and trim levels would have included a sun roof. My B2 is Eddie Bauer with what I believe was an original roof glass. this is above the front seat with a plastic wheel/crank at the rear and two hinge/clips at the front. The glass can be raised at the rear to a point and then has releases that allow it to tilt up all the way and be removed completely after releasing two small red latches. The glass says "Carlite" on it. Also, what VIN character would indicate the sun roof trim level on either the B2 or Ranger?

I'm thinking this glass was also found in the Rangers of the same time period and trim levels but not sure on that. I need some of the hardware as the crank at the rear and has some broken parts and I've misplaced the front two clips. This is actually more properly a "moonroof" I believe.

Last edited:

donzoh1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
I'm hoping someone out there knows the answers to my questions here. Also, did all Eddie Bauers have the moonroof?

wildbill23c

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Suspension Style
4wd
My credo
19K, 19D, 92Y, 91F
My 88 EB does not have a moonroof, and glad it doesn't just another damn place for a leak. They all leak eventually, its just a matter of when you realize it, most of the time not until the headliner is ruined, carpet is ruined, and a major amount of hidden rust is found.

VIN isn't going to tell you whether it has a sunroof or not. That would be something you'd just have to know as it was optional on XLT and EB editions. Was never a standard feature in any trim level. This is what I've found so far.

Well Carlite is a replacement glass so obviously someone either broke the original or it was leaking so bad they had to have it replaced.

donzoh1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
My 88 EB does not have a moonroof, and glad it doesn't just another damn place for a leak. They all leak eventually, its just a matter of when you realize it, most of the time not until the headliner is ruined, carpet is ruined, and a major amount of hidden rust is found.

VIN isn't going to tell you whether it has a sunroof or not. That would be something you'd just have to know as it was optional on XLT and EB editions. Was never a standard feature in any trim level. This is what I've found so far.

Well Carlite is a replacement glass so obviously someone either broke the original or it was leaking so bad they had to have it replaced.
I was told by a glass guy that Carlite is the trade name for ford glass.

jmartens

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
I was surprised that my recently purchased 87 B2 EB edition has a moonroof. When I had the same year/trim 20 years ago, it did not have one.