•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

1987 Bronco ii electrical help

Broncoii 1987

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco ii
Hello I am not new to the bronco family but this is my 1st post on this site. I started my life with a 1973 bronco, really enjoyed it but totaled it out in the 80s. I have rejoined the bronco family with my new to me project of a 1987 ford bronco ii 4X4. Overall a pretty clean little vehicle. I need help troubleshooting an issue with this vehicle. It was discovered after I bought it that the vehicle would only run if the manual transfer case was in either 4 high or 4 low. The vehicle would not start in the transfer case was in 2h or neutral. We have checked the clutch neutral switch have checked the transmission neutral sensor, checked all grounds all with no luck. It makes no sense when in 4 h or 4l the vehicle runs fine when in any other position on the transfer case nothing, no power to fuel pump, we do have spark but for whatever reason no fuel. We also checked the inertia switch and bypassed it. We also changed the fuel pump relay even though it tests good. Myself and 2 mechanics are at wits end. We've gone through the haynes electrical manual trying to find a connection. It makes no sense that a manual transfer case with a manual transmission would act like this. From the electrical there are only two things that would prevent a start, the clutch safety switch and the inertia switch. any help would be appreciated.