•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

1988 Bronco II/Ranger Brake Line Size

Darksyne

Reaction score
I had a hard line break on the Bronco II the other day. Does anyone know what size the factory hard line is?

Thanks!

Darksyne

Reaction score
Awesome, thanks for the line size. The nut size doesn't really matter since I'm splicing in a new section.

krugford

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
When a brake line rusts out like that, it's probably better to replace the entire line. It'll save the hassle of having to fix the line again if another area rusts through, and it'll be safer too.

projectnitemare

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
396W
There is nothing wrong with splicing in with a flared end and a union. No different than the fittings at the wheel cylinders or at the rubber lines. Replacing the entire line isn't much more difficult or more expensive than splicing into an existing line. Either way just make sure you do a good flare job. Use a tubing cutter, file the burrs from the ends and a double flare will perform better than a single flare. Take your time and do it the right way.

Matt

krugford

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
I wasn't thinking that a spliced line would be unsafe because of the splice. The stuff I usually see here is rust related, and where there's one rust hole, there's bound to be more. Like he said, if you take you're time, either one will work fine.

-krug