•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

1989 BII cosmetic restoration completed.

custombolt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II XLT
Cleaned up nice and runs smooth and peppy. Garage kept most of its life with original interior, premium stereo/cassette, locking rear with 4:10's and over a dozen options, with all original body panels etc. Current PA title showing 98,550 miles. 4-month cosmetic restoration. Opinions appreciated.

Attachments

Uncle Gump

Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II
Suspension Style
4wd
I think she cleaned up nicely.

It doesn't look like the kind of vehicle that would have a rear locker. Maybe you mean a factory Trac-Loc differential?

custombolt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II XLT
One in the same, a "locker" is just a slang term. The BII brochure simply calls it a limited slip rear axle. See the very last option on the list I just added. It was copied from an original Ford brochure. Thanks Uncle Gump.
Officially -
Auburn Ford 7.5 Traction Loc

Attachments

Uncle Gump

Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II
Suspension Style
4wd
Whew... these old eyes aren't reading that list. Lol

Ford Trac-Loc is what I would expect. A Locker will chirp the inside tire around corners... 100% lock up.

Many tend to use the terms interchangeably... but in fact they're arguably very different.

custombolt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II XLT
Hmmm. We called a 100% locking diff a spool. No clutches, just one solid piece. I ran one (9 inch) at Maple Grove Raceway in a '66 Mustang Fastback. Then I switched to the original 8 inch and a Traction Loc.

custombolt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II XLT
Sorry. My flatbed scanner won't send scans to my computer. Try clicking on these.

Attachments

Uncle Gump

Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II
Suspension Style
4wd
Yeah I can read that one.

There are lots of options.

Spools, mini spools, lockers (mechanical, air, electronic) and also several types of limited slips.

Last edited:

Perkinator104

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
Suspension Style
4wd
Amazing restoration! That's the same paint scheme as mine, but with actual clear coat. :clapping:
Did it come with the red interior, or did you add that afterwards?

custombolt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II XLT
Thanks Perk. All parts are orginal including the interior. I just stripped the hood to bare metal and I'm only a couple days away from getting the gloss on the clearcoat just right. Never in an accident. Never smoked in. Most likely garaged for most of its life. Solid floors. Tight suspension. Engine doesn't smoke or drip. I'm considering offering it for sale on Bring A Trailer. I bought a new set of A/S Michelins for it too. Put 'em on 1989 date coded American Racing 10 hole wheels I found on Ebay.

Bronco 2 man

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco 2
Suspension Style
4wd
Custombolt still can’t get over how clean that Bronco ii is! It’s as clean as my uncle’s when he brung his home in 1990 if I remember correctly! He bought it brand new. Eddie Bauer edition, blue and tan exterior with tan interior, and fully loaded with all power options that was offered! I was crazy about the auto transmission in it! But ol’ Uncle Fred was happy as a nest of deer tick’s in a deer bed lol! He loved his Bii I think half the time more than his wife lol! 🤣😂🤣😂

custombolt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II XLT
It had good bones when it got here last January and needed a lot of small things brought up to date. But, it kept me busy making it just right. Still ain't done 100%. Got a couple touch ups where the high pressure sprayer took out a coulple bits of new paint. These B'2's sure are special. The interiors are soft and luxurious compared to todays hard cloth a hard vinyl. I miss my 1996 Bronco too. It just wasn't the same after the accident repairs. I'm spoiled driving my 2017 GLE43AMG SUV. Soon time to move this one on to another owner. I'm ready for another "easier/faster" project. Be well.

phragg

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
looking clean!

Gordy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II
Cleaned up nice and runs smooth and peppy. Garage kept most of its life with original interior, premium stereo/cassette, locking rear with 4:10's and over a dozen options, with all original body panels etc. Current PA title showing 98,550 miles. 4-month cosmetic restoration. Opinions appreciated.
Looks really nice. Yours has the same aluminum wheels I have on my 85. Was that still the stock rim on the 1989s?

Last edited: