•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

1990 Bronco II exhaust help

LittleHorse

1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Hey guys, this is my first RBV since I was 16 (now 25) and I need a little help.

Are there any aftermarket exhaust systems that start at the manifolds? I've seen a ton of stuff that starts after the cat but nothing else. Something like a y pipe or an H-pipe with a (performance?) cat.

I just bought this BII and I believe at one point was in Illinois, and it's entire exhaust system seems to have taken a big hit from the road salt. It's also got 2 cats and I'd prefer having just one. This thing is so rusty the bolts don't even look like bolts. They've rusted so bad they're just round blobs. It's easily to the point where my sawzall would be a much easier method of removal, and it would allow me better access to drill out the bolts holding the y-pipe to the manifolds, bolts which I've already mangled all to hell.

I live in a small town so local shops are very overpriced due to lack of competition. Hoping someone here can point me in the right direction.

ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
2.9L
well i know magnaflow makes a kit with a single high flow cat that im guessing bolts on to the manafold. so check them out i dont know of any others though you could do some reaserch im sure there are more

LittleHorse

1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
I've done quite a bit of searching and found nothing but cat back systems and manifolds.

Is it possible Magnaflow could have discontinued that system? Their website brings up nothing but the Mustang when I do a make/model search for any year the Bronco 2 or 2.9L Ranger was made.

I'm not totally up to date on how the exhausts might interchange between 2.9L and 4.0L, I just know the bellhousing bolt patterns and flywheel bolt patterns are the same.