•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

1990 Bronco II XLT

jward78

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
Ok so mew to the forum Thanks to my dad who purchased a 1990 ford bronco xlt eddie bauer eddition last year before he passed away. I am currently restoring the truck and have come a long way so far. I am in the process of rebuilding the front wheel hubs. I have a question for anyone who knows since this model was built after November of 98 and came with the Dana 35. what are the plastic pieces that look like they are wrapped with guitar strings?? are they retainer caps? and why when I took the hubs apart they are built nothing like what is pictured anywhere on line??? the recipe I took off is as follows: retention c clip, washer, plastic ring thing... idk? wheel bearing, retention nut, spindle, inner bearing, inner grease seal. any help would be appreciated.

Uncle Gump

Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II
Suspension Style
4wd
Are these lock out hubs or auto hubs?

The guitar string thing sounds to me like a garter spring. Similar to the garter spring used on a wheel seal.

Uncle Gump

Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II
Suspension Style
4wd
See if this makes sense as to what you have.

Uncle Gump

Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II
Suspension Style
4wd
Sorry to hear your father passed... but good for you to put some efforts into his Bronco II.

Welcome to Bronco Corral...

jward78

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
Are these lock out hubs or auto hubs?

The guitar string thing sounds to me like a garter spring. Similar to the garter spring used on a wheel seal.
Auto Lockers sir. Thank you for your kind words on the post Uncle Grump. Unfortunately this is my first go around with a Ford... I was a 1982 CJ 7 owner previously and I am restoring the B2 for my son. Its a pretty cool little truck. 1990 XLT with the Dana 35. It has a 4 inch suspension lift with a 2.5 body kit on it. we have since replaced the fuel tank, sending unit, in line filter, fuel pressure regulator, battery, alternator, and it runs like a champ! changed oil, oil filter, air filter, temp sensor, transmission fluid and filter. having issues with the passenger door power window unit and locks right now.

Uncle Gump

Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II
Suspension Style
4wd
I just did tank pump filter and new lines myself. Pretty sweet truck for your son.

We would love to see a couple pictures of this little jem...

jward78

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
I just did tank pump filter and new lines myself. Pretty sweet truck for your son.

We would love to see a couple pictures of this little jem...
Ill start posting pics and do a beginning to end Restoration show starting tomorrow!