•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

1990 Ford Bronco II XLT New Jersey

jward78

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
Hey all super excited to announce I just got my 1990 Ford Bronco II on the road today! After 1 year of TLC she runs!!!! Still a way to go cosmetically speaking but wanted to show it off.
bronco 1.jpg

jward78

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
Have a question to pose on here as well. The truck had a 4.5 inch lift on it so I decided to go with 33x12.5x15 Iron Man All Country MTs. Well I have to smash the gas to the floor to get it rolling. Should I re-gear it? or what if anything do I need to do to get it to roll smoother. Man she really slows down when I take my foot of the accelerator peddle. the 33's are aired up to 26PSI since they are on the stock 7.5 inch rims LOL.

Uncle Gump

Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II
Suspension Style
4wd
Congrats on getting your truck going.

What gear do you currently have? Any higher gear (numerically lower) then 4.10 would be miserable. 4.56 would be far better and 4.88 better yet with 33's.

When letting off the accelerator it should still roll well. You sure you don't have a brake hanging up?

jward78

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
Congrats on getting your truck going.

What gear do you currently have? Any higher gear (numerically lower) then 4.10 would be miserable. 4.56 would be far better and 4.88 better yet with 33's.

When letting off the accelerator it should still roll well. You sure you don't have a brake hanging up?
Stock gearing. I do not believe the brakes are hanging up, it definitely feels like the drive train is slowing me down. The speedo is definitely off from what I am seeing posted though will check it with my phone on the way home tonight.

Also seems to have oil burning smell and smoke when I have the hood open. I believe that to just be valve cover gaskets however. I compression tested all of the cylinders and they are super strong so no blown head gaskets. Holds all fluids well no water leaks etc.