•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

300 I6 in 85 bronco 2

Chayse

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.8 liter
I was thinking about putting an inline six in my b2 it's an 85 with stock running gear. My future plans are to sas this truck and use full size Axels. Along with that would this swap be easy and what would I need to do to fit this in my b2

ab_slack

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Inline 6 is typically a longer block than a 8 cylinder so I am skeptical. I know 8 cylinders are tight front to back.

There are plenty of active folks who have put 8 cylinder into Rangers and B2s on TRS forum who can give more specifics on that. If there is someone who has done a strait 6 you probably find them there.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
I was thinking about putting an inline six in my b2 it's an 85 with stock running gear. My future plans are to sas this truck and use full size Axels. Along with that would this swap be easy and what would I need to do to fit this in my b2
I am extremely keen to see if this works out. I think it'd be a fantastic setup. Please keep us all updated if you are going through with this

alwaysFlOoReD

Blang - not bling
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '93, '98
Vehicle
Various
Engine Size
4.0, 4.0, 4.6
Suspension Style
4wd
There is one person I've seen on TRS that has done this swap. He showed a few pics but no detailed write up that I know of.