•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

302, manual trans, & transfer case from 92 F-150 to 90 Bronco II

MacD13

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
So... I'm literally, right in the middle of my big swap! A former acquaintance of mine, borrowed my, newly acquired, 1990 Ford Bronco II. And returned it, via a phone call, for me to come tow it home from the side of the highway! He blew the transmission!

Well, when I bought the Bronco II, I was already planning on conducting the swap... Just, NOT SO SOON! So, with absolutely NO BUDGET, the LONGEST motor, transmission, & transfer case swap was set in, SLOW MOTION!

I already had a 1992 Ford F-150 with the stock 5.0L 302, 5 speed manual transmission, and manual transfer case. Currently I have removed the EFI, and installed an aluminum Holly "Street Dominator" Intake Manifold and a 4 barrel Edelbrock carburetor. And it's been waiting on an engine stand, for me to purchase the top end gasket kit for the 302, for about 3 months now...

On the Bronco II, I've installed a Day Star 3" Body Lift Kit from www.broncograveyard.com... And, I've acquired an aluminum dual core radiator, and electric cooling fan.

But, now I'm having trouble finding the clutch pedal assembly that will work on my 1990 Ford Bronco II. And I've been unable to find anyone, that has even attempted to do this exact swap in any of the forums that ive looked through! I'm aware that I will need the oil filter relocation kit, and I'm getting ready to build my own motor mounts (via the information found in the article on http://www.therangerstation.com/tech...nversions.html). But, beyond that, I was hoping to get some early advice, prior to this retired disabled US Military combat veteran, having a full on PTSD EXPLOSION! Resulting in the complete destruction of a perfectly good 302 motor and 1990 Bronco II! Please, help me out here! My brain is FRIED!

deathbypsi

06/2012 STOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
2.3turbo
I would start off taking some measurements before you get to deep into that drivetrain. That motor,trans and t-case combo is really long and that t-case is really wide compared to the stock stuff. Id be concerned about how short that rear shaft would be and fitting that t-case inside the framerail.

But....if your moving ahead anyway all you need is a ranger/B2 pedal assembly with the clutch master cylinder and reservoir then have a new line made to attach to the slave on the trans.