•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

31x10.50R15 on my stock 1990 Bronco II

Overland

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Hello all... Here is my new to me 1990 Ford Bronco II. I just got it out of the shop at 4 Wheel Parts, I had new tires and wheels put on. They swore they were not going to fit but I talked them into mounting them anyway. Here is what the package consisted of. 5 BF Goodrich 31x10.5R15 Mud Terrain TA KM2 tires, 5 Pro Comp #7031 15x8 alloy wheels, 5 on 4.5 bolt pattern, with a 3.75 back space. They fit perfectly on my 1990 Bronco II with no body or suspension lift, it does have air shocks in the rear. Also, the new spare tire and wheel bolted directly onto the rear tire rack with no issues. I know for me it was hard to get exact fitment when I looked online so I hope these numbers will help someone else.

Overland

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Went to Pohl Spring works in Spokane WA. and had them mount a brand new set of explorer leaf springs plus add an additional 7/8" block, the bronco was being held up by a set of air shocks as the stock springs were really bad, it now sits 1 inch higher in the rear than the front but I think I will drive it for a couple of weeks to see if the new springs settle any. I had bad axle wrap and vibration due to the old bent leaf springs and all of that went away with the new leafs installed, I love the way it drives now!

Overland

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
After driving around for a few days I realized that I would not go any bigger than a 31 inch tire with the stock 3.73 gearing, the bronco pulls the tires well and you don't shift as soon which I personally like, but at freeway speeds I have to get it up to 65mph or higher to maintain speed in 5th gear, 4th gear is running about 2600 rpm @ 60. I put my empty aluminum 6x12 trailer on it and it pulls it OK but once again on the freeway it's 4th gear only. I haven't climbed any hills yet but could see this being a problem while towing the trailer. The speed limit here is 70mph! 235x75R15 would probably be a better size to use on stock gearing.

Last edited:

buck119fa

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Nice looking truck, I like the wheels.

buck119fa

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Nice looking truck

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

CarlosE

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Nice Bronco! How does it do offroad when the wheels start to tuck and turning? Any rub?

shadetreebronco

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Looks nice , I will be installing Explorer leafs also.