•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

351W in to 1985 chassis

pokey

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
351 Windsor
looking for another place that may have special headers for this conversion. Most o my have for the 302 ci engines. Thanks for any help.

wild horse

Forum Moderator
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
FORD
Engine Size
I have a 351-w in my first B2 and beleave me nobody makes headers for the convertion. You will need to have them custom made for the convertion. I've priced it around where I live and most places want around $1,000 to make custom headers.

Quick draw

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Not trying to hijack

Have a question , how did y'all fit the 351 and radiator in engine bay?

wild horse

Forum Moderator
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
FORD
Engine Size
I have a james duff radiator and was running duel electric fans in front of it . the problem with the 351-w is the tip of the water pump on mine was only 1" from touching the radiator so thats why the fans were used because of the limited space. And I'll also let you know that heat will be a problem running that size of motor , They are hard to keep cool.

shadetreebronco

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
A note on Ford small block water pumps , A small block V-8 water pump from a Early Bronco up to 1977 or a small block water pump up to 1969 is shorter than a passenger car or truck water pump from 1970 on , the bottom hose is on the passenger side.
A Explorer 5.O is even be shorter but you would need to use the whole serpentine set up and timing cover and a electric fuel pump , bottom hose is on drivers side.
Going back even farther the 1964 Hi-Po 289 had a short water pump and timing cover.
I am going through the whole thing on my 75 bronco , 351w, 4 core radiator and a york on board air set up , 3 v-belts !!