•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

4.0 Conversion Fuel Line Help!

work_in_progress

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Converting a 89 BII to 92 Exp. The fuel lines for the explorer are female, so my dad decided to cut them from another Explorer (we don't have a donor vehicle) and cut them right after the male connector behind the fuel filter. now we have a problem of transferring the male of the Explorer to the female fuel line of the bronco. Any help? completely stuck!:icon_confused::icon_bounceblue::annoyed:

sbsrlewis

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
when i done the swap on my 89 BII with a 94 Ex 4.0 I removed the fuel lines from the filter and used all of it.

Steve

70roadrunner

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
plymouth
Engine Size
I had an 89 for parts, and the fuel lines were cut at the tank. I used explorer lines and tank sitting on the ground to see if the 2.9 would run. they hooked right up, telling me that they are the same fittings

lil_Blue_Ford

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Back when I did it, I got new ends and made an adapter piece to go between the stock 2.9 fuel line from the filter and the 4.0 end from the fuel rail.

adsm08

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
I took the lines that connect to the 4.0 fuel rail, cut them to length, removed the metal sheath, and put new ends in them so that they plugged right into the existing 2.9L lines on the truck. I cut the spring lock piece off the 2.9's FPR and found a barrel from a performance shop on line.

SenorNoob

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
When I did it, I used old pieces of line from the junkyard and some splice connectors. I think I found a couple new clips at the parts store too. I know Dorman makes them. Just be careful if you order online. There are 2 different sizes that look identical.