•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

4wd disconnected itself from transmission

Ekal

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco ii
So I was driving my bronco and recently I've been hearing a rattling coming from down by my transmission. At first I thought it was my shifter but after grabbing the 4wd knob the entire thing was just loose. After looking under my bronco there seems to be a bolt that has come out of the assembly and there is a little for that's supposed to move a pin but that has also moved out of place. I know I have dropped a part or two and I don't know what they are or what they look like so if anyone knows it would be much appreciated.

Uncle Gump

Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II
Suspension Style
4wd
I don't have a photographic memory... or recent enough experience with the linkage to be much of a help.

Try a junk yard that has a manual shift BII or ranger and have a look at it... buy what you need. Or maybe stop by the Ford dealer parts department and ask to see an exploded view and parts list for what you're missing.

tw205

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Suspension Style
4wd
It appears you have lost the large center bolt and the plastic bushing that moves the shift lever. I’ve included a photo. Note the plastic bushing is broken on mine. Not sure where you would find another. There is also a procedure to adjust the unit when installing to ensure your selection is accurate.

Attachments