•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

76 2.8 swap

Stitch6719

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.8 Cologne V6
Suspension Style
4wd
Hey guys I've been piecing together everything I need for my duraspark conversion as well as finding an intake manifold for my 85 2.8 BII. Low and behold I literally got a 2.8 given to me for free that I haven't found anything wrong with. I pulled it from a 76 mustang II. Is there any reason that I cannot use the intake manifold from it for my 85 2.8? I'm planning to use the distributer for my conversion and ultimately rebuild the 76 2.8 I've the summer and fall to put it in my 85 B2 come winter or spring. Any advice or leads to thread pertaining to this would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stitch6719

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.8 Cologne V6
Suspension Style
4wd
Update: what is the best place online to start shopping for rebuild parts? Like gasket kits oversized Pistons, bearings, and engine externals like the fan and everything?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stitch6719

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.8 Cologne V6
Suspension Style
4wd
Update on the tear down of the 76 2.8:yahoo:
Engine is tore down completely, found no mechanical damage or scoring. I will be cleaning, labeling, and checking parts the next week or so. As well as ordering parts for my 85 B2 to do the dura spark conversion. I plan to use the distributor from the 76 as well as the intake manifold (mine needs replaced) and the carb. I plan to also remove the air conditioning and may relocate the alternator to the top right where it is on the 1976 model of 2.8 I Will add a link to my google photos if anyone wants to look at the build. for some reason every time I try to add photos here it says I am missing a security token???
https://goo.gl/photos/fJUCSp383VVrhxUz5

I will add photos as I go, including the dura spark conversion when I do it.