•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

84-88 or 89-90 trim panels?

Toasted

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
I know for a fact they're different. Not very much so, but different enough to make me want to maybe change over my interior. I know the 89-90's dont have a rear storage pocket like 84-88 does, unless that was only on the one I saw. Kinda wondering if the 84-88 interior will match well with the 92 ranger dash i'll be swapping in (cost reasons), mostly because my dash is cracked and i may as well upgrade.

Whole interior will be RED, unless I want to keep some brown panels.

XTC90BII

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Suspension Style
4wd
My credo
Do what you can with what you have where you are
Toated

Which storage pocket are you referring to on the 89-90's? I have a storage area behind the passenger rear seat on my 1990 BII.

Dennis

Toasted

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
The one I saw at a junkyard didn't seem to have a pocket on either side, but maybe that's due to it having a spare inside rather than outside on the hatch. Might have confused me, but yeah in the rear cargo area.

XTC90BII

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Suspension Style
4wd
My credo
Do what you can with what you have where you are
Yep that is where mine is. Just inside the hatch opening on the right hand side. I keep gloves, lighting hookup and when I travel a qt of transmission fluid and my locking spare tire key. I do have the spare tire on the swing away bracket.

Dennis

HI ENUF

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
Suspension Style
4wd
have a 84 and swapped entire interior from 90 minus dash. Original color was blue. Carpet, seats, panels all fit fine. just had to redrill most of the mounting points since they didn't line up with originals. easy to do. headliner fit well, lights in same spot. push in thing in center was further back than original. No roof rib to attach to. Door panels matched mounting holes but arm rest mounts with 1 screw instead of 3 bolts. used bracket from 90's door and mounted it. Also changed from crank to power windows. Regulators are different along with mounting holes. measured, drilled and mounted regulator in correct spot. Moved all door switches to center & put connectors in doors by hinges for when I make removable & half doors. repaired and spray painted dash.

Attachments