•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

84 Bronco 2 xlt 4x4 needs exhausted

Johnel

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco 11
Engine Size
My credo
Smile n be nice even if you don't feel like it. It can be rewarding.
Hey all. I've looked n looked online and called parts store and I cant find the exhaust y pipe or the crossover one anywhere for my 84 B2 4x4. Walker shows it, but I cant find any dealers. Likewise for headers. I tried that 1st, thinking it would be a lot easier, but no luck there either. Walkers part #s are 42785 n 42784. For the 2.8. I really like the little Bronco and am going to put a low end cam in it to wake it up some. A LOT, I hope. Right now it's a dog, even after Durasparking it and new retro carb. Does anyone know where the exhaust, either headers or stock pipes can be bought? Thanks guys.

JerryC

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
When I had my 88 exhaust done the shop said that would make a new Y-pipe. They didn't, they sourced one. I didn't ask them why, I just assumed the part was less expensive than the labor needed to build it. It took them a couple of days to get it.
Try asking an exhaust shop if they will build one for you.

Johnel

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco 11
Engine Size
My credo
Smile n be nice even if you don't feel like it. It can be rewarding.
Thank you JerryC. I was about to give up on any replies. After I first posted, I did manage to find a parts store that can get the y and crossover pipes from Walker. I had the tailpipe and blown out muffler (by backfire when you let of the gas) replaced for 110$ to pass inspection for tag renewal, but the flare on the pass (y pipe) side has a small burned out spot on it, and the air pipe right where it comes out of the manifold has holes in it. It's a whole lot quieter now, enough to drive, but in future I want to put a better cam in it, (lower n midrange rpm) and while I'm at it, I'm gonna pull the heads for cleaning and port matching, so am gonna need the new pipes. Am thinking about cutting the pipes of the heads and pulling them with the manifolds on, to maybe be able to get the flange nuts off, or the studs, and hopefully I can maybe get the manifold to heads bolts out by soaking in PB, heating n whatever. I wanted to be able to find the pipes first! A lot of places like Carid, Summit, Autozone and Rock Auto no longer deal with em. Can still get the 2.9 ones, but not the 2.8.! Am thinking I better just go ahead and purchase them now, for later, before they cant be bought at all. Then I'd have to do like you said and see about getting an exhaust shop to make some up. I imagine that would be more expensive that way. Frozen nuts n studs n all. Thanks again.

JerryC

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Sounds like you've got a job ahead of you.
I'd like to hear how it works out.