•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

'85 B2 Ignition Replacement Strategy

JReagan90

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
Hi everyone, I have an '85 B2 with the 2.8l and A4LD trans. I've been having some issues with it dying when coming to stops, which is not surprising given the feedback carb and the fact that the previous owner cut all of the vacuum lines. I replaced the vacuum lines but have still been experiencing issues. Since this B2 only has 67k miles on the odometer, I wanted to see if I could find a different method other than the feedback carb for running it. I came across the excellent Duraspark conversion article on this site and wanted to go that route, but am having a lot of trouble finding a compatible distributor. Even junkyards are not very helpful right now, a lot of the older cars were crushed in the past 10 yrs or so. Does anyone have any advice on what I can do?

Uncle Gump

Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II
Suspension Style
4wd
Those are getting harder to find these days.

Either of these will work. 30-2691 or 30-2671

the 30-2671 has a dual vacuum advance. Just ignore the second port and leave it vented to the atmosphere. It should work just fine. That port was for emissions and dint' really work well and cause much confusion.

JReagan90

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
Thanks! I appreciate the info. I was able to order a 30-2671 from Summit Racing with an anticipated ship date of Feb '22. Gives me plenty of time to get some other things done on the B2 in the meanwhile.