•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

85 B2 Suspension Questions

R£D*R£APER

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II
Suspension Style
4wd
Greetings,
I want to replace my coil springs, they're original. I'd like to get a bit of height out of it while I'm at it. I have a buddy that did this with his ranger and he said he had to hack the original bolts and modify a new one. My vehicle has very little rust and I'd like to keep it as simple as possible because it is my daily driver that I just got back on the road. My wife would cut me in my sleep if I delve into an elected project that required more than the weekend, resulting in me stealing her vehicle.

The questions...
Is there a set of springs I can buy that'll get me a couple inches of height in the front, without modifying anything else? What issues can I expect to run into (parts breaking, not working out)? Would I need to replace shocks with a different length?. Would this be an issue if I don't raise the rear at the same time? I'm planning to swap the leafsprings in the future. Any suggestions?

I've seen so many different ways of doing this and everybody has a different opinion. I have no experience with suspension outside of swapping OEM parts. Just looking for experienced advice.

Thanks in advance.