•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

85 Bronco II driver side manual window repair problem

John R

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
My 1985 Bronco II driver side window broke. I bought a new glass but once I got into the door the plastic parts supporting the window to the regulator was broken. Looking at the LMC trucks catalog for 1984-90 window parts page 17 it just shows a plastic window reg roller nut connecting the regulator to the window and a spacer set. My window has another track in it and a plastic broken attachment that connects to the regulator kind of like the one on page 19 item 2 for the 1993-11 Ford Ranger. Does anybody know if you can use the 1993-11 window track in the 1985 Ford Bronco II? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

bronco2fan

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
Suspension Style
4wd
Some one may have swapped it for a better fitting window, less rattle. Check the other side to see if it's the same? The ranger regulator is shorter and has no window crank either, for electric windows. Mine's not anything like that, so you'll have to check to make sure. Hit the junkyard and look there first.

John R

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
I bought the 1985 Bronco II new so everything is original except the engine and transmission. My son and daughter drove it through their high school years. Both have graduated college now. Have it down on my Daughters farm. A lot of memories in that Bronco II. Wish it could write a book! Good idea checking the other side for comparison. Will check junk yards to. So old a lot have been turned to scrap. Thanks!