•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

85 lift options

Pelzworld

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
New to the Bronco II. Picked one up on the side of the road: 2.9L man trans, 106,000 miles, stock. Doing all new brake lines/parts soon as hand heals from surgery. Want to lift er up to do 31" or 33" tires. Not a newby-rebuilt an 89" wrangler from ground up-I have the tools. Looking for suggestions on this from those who have been there, done that. Looking for complete package suggestions-too many out there to choose from.

buck119fa

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
All depends on what you want to do and how much you want to spend. What size lift do you want, what do you want to get out of it, daily driver, trail truck and so on.
there are a few out there to choose from but is all comes down to money and how far you want to go. you get what you pay for I suppose. to run 31's or 32's you need to consider 3inch or up, cutting fenders for flairs for the bigger tires or doing a body lift or both. You can add Explorer coils and add a leaf to the rear and get some lift, rough country I believe makes one that's a fair cost, look at the Bronco Grave yard also. I used a James Duff stage 2 plus a 2 inch body lift on mine Pricey but worth it, I'll add new leaf springs when I change the real axle. 31's fit with no issues, -19BS on the wheels gave the clearance I wanted so the tires don't rub at all. there are tire size reference charts out there, just have to search a little, Duffs web site has one.
If your doing the brake lines now.... add the steel braided extended lines now so you don't have to do it again when you lift it.

Pelzworld

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
The 4" rough country seemed to be a reasonable option I saw on ebay-Rough Country - 485.20 - 4-inch Lift Kit for Ford 84-90 Bronco II 4WD ( 361519559540 ). Will be a toy for us-a little road use, but mostly trail riding-nothing crazy. Your thoughts are appreciated

wend3lrt

Reaction score
Vehicle
Bronco ii
Old thread, but I want to say that I'm not happy with RC. I have this kit on another rig and the ride quality is really horrible.