•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

'86 Bronco II Eddie Bauer Restore.........

mjonesjr

I dance with the Devil...
Firefighter
Reaction score
I had to remove the factory CV driveshaft. Luckly I had 2 other driveshafts to choose from. One is a double cardon driveshaft. I am going to wait to put that on when I install the Explorer rear end and have the driveshaft rebuilt.

The other is a single cardon driveshaft. It will work for a tempory until after the Dunes trip.

Here are the pictures.

Old CV driveshaft installed. Notice the HORRIBLE CV angles. That driveshaft had already blew out all the grease in the CV joints and was clicking when it would turn.

Old and new(er) together:

New(er) installed:

Here is my double cardon shaft waiting a rebuild!

Fusion

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Haven't saw one of those since my old 73' Bronco.

mjonesjr

Firefighter
Reaction score
They came stock in SOME BII's. More had the CV style driveshaft than the double or single cardon.

samsonitesamsonite

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Jeep
Engine Size
If I may make one sugestion, grind off the remainder of the ubold studs and the leaf pack stud, if that thing is flexy enough to stuff the tires you will TEAR up the fender well with those studs, trust me on that one.

mjonesjr

Firefighter
Reaction score
Yea another thing I was planning on, but yet to get too. Hopefully I will replace the 2" blocks with 3" blocks before the Dunes trip that way I can use these u-bolts.

mjonesjr

Firefighter
Reaction score
Well I did a little flexing today. My fiance & I meet my dad a couple towns over at a Home Depot he was delivering at (he is a truck driver and my parents are divorced). I drove the BII because he hasn't seen it, but has heard a lot about it (I got most of my car knowledge from him). We ate supper at a local restraunt and had a little fun while his truck was unloading. You can only imagine the looks I got in the front parking lot of Home Depot doing this:006: You can also tell that if the wheel base wasn't so short, I could have gotten the front end up more. Hopefully I will have some full out flex pictures this weekend!

bandit

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
95'
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
i know you have already heard it alot but nice truck. i wish that one of my b2s would be that nice.keep up the work,looking foward to more pics.:headbang:

mjonesjr

Firefighter
Reaction score
Thanks!

I have gotten a couple PM calling me a pic/post whore, but you know what, screw them. I am proud of my work.

RedRanger888

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Thanks!

I have gotten a couple PM calling me a pic/post whore, but you know what, screw them. I am proud of my work.
As well you should be! Awesome looking rig, keep posting the pics! :drool:

mhughes165

Solid Axle Swap
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Thanks!

ive argued with shit in other threads, but really, i dont give a shit, lol, trucsk coming along nicely man, and see, u didnt need to get it repainted, she looks nice as is LOL

KELLY88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997, 2005
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0, 4.0
Thanks!

The pics are a good thing, it's a lot easier to see what's going on then explaining it in detail. I've watched this rebuild from the beginning and it's awesome. Who cares what a couple pricks say. You've done a lot of good work and definitely have the right to be proud of it.

mjonesjr

Firefighter
Reaction score
and see, u didnt need to get it repainted, she looks nice as is LOL
Oh have you paid attention to the hood? Eeek! And the top is worse. I am going to use some spary bombs on it this spring; after my trip to the Silver Lake Sand Dunes.

It wasn't you I was refering to at all.

mhughes165

Solid Axle Swap
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Oh have you paid attention to the hood? Eeek! And the top is worse. I am going to use some spary bombs on it this spring; after my trip to the Silver Lake Sand Dunes.

It wasn't you I was refering to at all.

na, i didnt see how bad they were, cant really see it in any of the newer pics, but like i say, lift it high enough and noone will know what the roof looks like anyways

mhughes165

Solid Axle Swap
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Until it rust through!
lol....had that happen to a buddy of mine on his old 79, roof flew off when he was goin down 95 out here LOL, that thing was scary, but ya, i gotta take care of my roof, u prolly noticed mine is pretty rough

compleckz

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Size
I have gotten a couple PM calling me a pic/post whore
:pissedoff: wtf is wrong with people? i don't think peeps post enough pics! i pay for my dsl, i want to take full advantage of it!

hey you should lose the swaybars on the b2, i have about 8" of lift on my ranger and 33s, and i barely notice the lack of sways driving down the road, it would defiantly help free up your suspension, the front end especially--let those extended arms do their thing! :beer: :beer::beer:

mjonesjr

Firefighter
Reaction score
the front sway bar is off! It doesnt drive any different! I dunno about taking the rear off, I know these things are a little top heavy, so I want some stability.

Hahnsb2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
88-95
Vehicle
Ford-Dodge
Engine Size
4.0-5.2 Turbo
Rear swaybar makes far less difference than the front one, I noticed the front one gone, didn't notice the rear at all.

mjonesjr

Firefighter
Reaction score
I might pull the rear and see what it does.