•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

'88 Bronco II Build Thread

BroncoIIer

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L OHV
That park looks awesome

Looks like the B2 works well!
It was awesome! I hope to go back soon. Hopefully Ill have high steer setup by then. There were some pretty sketchy hills out there for sure. And its always fun to stop and watch the custom buggies attempt the insane stuff!

88_Eddie

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 2000
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
i was thinking i'd just replace the entire door. it would be much faster. i plan on repainting anyhow as i had did a good bit of fender triming when i made my bumpers. i also incoporated the tire carrier into my new rear bumper so i filled in the holes from the factory mount

BroncoIIer

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L OHV
i was thinking i'd just replace the entire door. it would be much faster. i plan on repainting anyhow as i had did a good bit of fender triming when i made my bumpers. i also incoporated the tire carrier into my new rear bumper so i filled in the holes from the factory mount
I thought about that as well, but its pretty rare to find my paint scheme around anymore. Plus it would be cheaper just for the parts.

If you need to repaint anyways I would just do that and replace the entire door. Thatd be an easy 20 min fix.

I'm hoping my spare tire carrier holds up to my tires when I decide to upgrade.

dieseldane

Firefighter
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984/1995
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.8/5.0
Sweet b2! When I finally get around to finishing my ranger, might have to hit you up when I make it to Hogan's.

country0001

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford,Ford
Engine Size
If you need some window motors, I have some for an 88 in stock. I'm gutting the doors for some half doors.

BroncoIIer

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L OHV
Sweet b2! When I finally get around to finishing my ranger, might have to hit you up when I make it to Hogan's.
Thanks! You should! It seems like there arent too many of us around here.

BroncoIIer

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L OHV
If you need some window motors, I have some for an 88 in stock. I'm gutting the doors for some half doors.
No thanks! Mine still work. I would just like to convert to manuals to reduce the wiring.

Btw, I plan to get the BII down here by the 22nd for the meet discussed over on pirate here in stillwater.:icon_hornsup:

BroncoIIer

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L OHV
Ive been busy working since I last posted. I have done several things that I need to update and post pictures of.

I built a rear bumper, added a winch mount to my front bumper, got a winch (ENGO 10000lb), and removed my body lift.

converted to high steer. Ill be posting pics up soon.

I havent installed my winch yet because it doesn't quite fit in the mount I fabbed, but it should be soon.

redneckfordf2502002

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984 1994
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L V6 4.0L V6
this is a very nice build thread love how your truck looks. Only thing I don't like is the cut out flares but that is my opinion it doesn't look to bad how you have it. can't wait to see the newer pictures
Trav

treel98

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
2.9 for now
i love both the first and the second gen b 2 and man that is really similar to what i want to do to mine probly 2 inch body lift and 6 inch suspension b4 its done but idk 4.0 doubler 4.10s

Harley

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Suspension Style
4wd
nice build! i have an 86 EB that i just lifted and was wondering about flares and whether or not to cut my fenders. your looks great! i think you convinced me.....