•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

88 xl

JerryC

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
I usually avoid showing things off just to be a show off but...

I took this pic today and thought that I should give the old BII some props.

I can't take any real credit as I bought it with that paint and wheels on it. In fact even though I did add the emblems and the drivers side rear bumper strip, I made it worse looking by pulling off the lower body kit. You can see the last of it behind the rear wheel and on the bottom of the door. Why, because the tires were rubbing even after a 2" lift. Little did I know when I went to pull that off that there were screws run through the panels and puttied over. Kind of tells you how the rest of the paint job was done. It does look good from across the street though :)

jprevat

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
I usually avoid showing things off just to be a show off but...

I took this pic today and thought that I should give the old BII some props.

I can't take any real credit as I bought it with that paint and wheels on it. In fact even though I did add the emblems and the drivers side rear bumper strip, I made it worse looking by pulling off the lower body kit. You can see the last of it behind the rear wheel and on the bottom of the door. Why, because the tires were rubbing even after a 2" lift. Little did I know when I went to pull that off that there were screws run through the panels and puttied over. Kind of tells you how the rest of the paint job was done. It does look good from across the street though :)

Hell it looks good to me bud.

JerryC

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Thanks. I was at the dealer yesterday and talking to some of the guys and a couple of the mechanics were saying how you never see a BII on the road anymore.

I've only seen a few and two of them, mine and my buddy's were brought in from other places (TX and FL). One of the locals was hit pretty hard and had plastic for a window and I haven't seen it for months, it may be a goner.

OTOH, one of them is on Craigslist for $8500

ab_slack

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
All depends on where you are located. In NJ they are pretty rare due to rust. They can be found more in other areas, but yes getting scarcer.

BTW yes a nice looking BII there. Mine was relocated to NJ and is rusting quick. It just got to stretch its legs and I ran it 1100-1200 miles this last week on a road trip.