•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

89 B2 4.0 swap, engine source?

atxguitar

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
hi all,
I've been wanting to do this for years.
Wondering if anyone has recommendations on where to find a 4.0 online?
Anyone have feedback on lowmileageparts.com? they have one from a 90 explorer with a 3 month warranty, but have read some mixed reviews online.
Not having much luck with local salvage yards...

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance...

wildbill23c

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Suspension Style
4wd
My credo
19K, 19D, 92Y, 91F
Depends on how much money you want to spend. Personally if I were to go doing something that way I'd get a reman engine from places like Jasper. Yep its expensive, but you are getting a real warranty on that engine, and I for one wouldn't want to be guessing at a used engine as to whether its good or not...and most of the time if you buy a donor engine and/or vehicle the seller isn't going to tell you the engine is about to fail or has failed, they just want their problem out of their driveway.

aclayton59

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Depends on how much money you want to spend. Personally if I were to go doing something that way I'd get a reman engine from places like Jasper. Yep its expensive, but you are getting a real warranty on that engine, and I for one wouldn't want to be guessing at a used engine as to whether its good or not...and most of the time if you buy a donor engine and/or vehicle the seller isn't going to tell you the engine is about to fail or has failed, they just want their problem out of their driveway.
I was considering this but, to my knowledge, they don't sell "Complete" engines. You still need all of the bolt on "bits and bobs" like intake manifolds, valve covers, and oil pans. You would still need to source all of that, correct?