•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

'90 Bronco II XL Rear Spare Tire Carrier

forward

Reaction score
I have a nice used swing out rear spare tire carrier removed from a 1990 Ford Bronco II XL by me up for grabs. It's in very good used condition, and I see no evidence of bending on any of the tubes. There are some paint rubs and dings, and the two aluminum hinge brackets have some oxidation on them, so I would recommend the entire carrier be bead blasted and re-painted or powder coated. There is some rust where the latch bar contacts the latch groove, as would typically be seen with normal use. The rubber bump stop is still present, the hinges are still tight, and the release arm lever operates as it should.

I have five of the eight bolts for the two hinge brackets so you'll need to source three more. The latch bracket which bolts to the fiberglass rear hatch is in great shape, and the backing/support plate (which mounts inside the tailgate if I remember correctly) is also present, but needs a good sand blasting, as it has heavy surface rust. Also included are the two factory bolts with trapped washers to mount the latch bracket and plate to the liftgate. The latch bracket's lower support stud and nut are present, too.

I did test operate the carrier before I removed it and everything worked as it should, with no binding, and the latch mechanism worked properly. There are some rub marks in the areas where the spare tire contacted the carrier, but overall this is a very nice used carrier which only needs some TLC to make it look like new again.

Asking $200 + shipping -- Greyhound Package Express would likely be the most affordable method since it weighs close to 36 pounds and measures close to 48" x 24" x 18".

PM me if you're interested, please. Yes, I'm a new member but you can check out my eBay feedback and see I'm legit. Thanks, Casey.

Attachments

jbby

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
Suspension Style
4wd
Hello. I know this isn’t very likely, but is this still available? Tried to find it on eBay with no luck.

Aggielandpc

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco ii
If it's still for sale I'm interested please pm me

alwaysFlOoReD

Blang - not bling
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '93, '98
Vehicle
Various
Engine Size
4.0, 4.0, 4.6
Suspension Style
4wd
He made the one post and hasn't been back since November 2018.

'90B2-treeslayer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1990/1986
Vehicle
Ford Bronco ii
Don't mean to steal this thread, but I have an extra spare tire carrier. More or less same condition cosmetically. Functional and complete. I don't mind shipping it, so either of y'all can pm me. Thank you

jjfugler

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
I also have a carrier from a 90 B2. Located in Baton Rouge but can get it to DFW area at no additional charge.