•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

90B2 bumper winch mount

90B2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II
Has anyone built a winch mount and incorporated the stock front bumper with it? I can't see spending big dollars on a custom bumper when something redneck would work just as good :icon_welder:

broncogal

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1989 Loaded XLT
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
Engine Size
2.9 V6
Suspension Style
4wd
My credo
"Can't Never Did Shit"
Has anyone built a winch mount and incorporated the stock front bumper with it? I can't see spending big dollars on a custom bumper when something redneck would work just as good :icon_welder:
"Ditto" ME Too ! I will start a new thread.

broncogal

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1989 Loaded XLT
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
Engine Size
2.9 V6
Suspension Style
4wd
My credo
"Can't Never Did Shit"
"Ditto" ME Too ! I will start a new thread.
I think i will just tag onto the original post. My idea is this: Purchase a ready made winch mounting tray that will fit the winch i decide on. Cut 2ea. square hitch receiver holes in my front bumper that line up with my frame channels.
Insert 2ea. female receiver box channels and attach to frame. Face of channels will be flush or stand proud of front bumper face. Install 2 male square box receiver box to winch tray, lined up with female receivers of course. This will allow me to install in between brush guard, and high and close to bumper face. But not too high to restrict airflow to radiator and trans cooler. Imagine picture below with fog lights and licence plate removed. Then imagine the 2 white square pieces of tape as locations for receiver mounts. My reasons for this receiver install design, is so i have OPTIONS, to remove winch for any reason, and utilize receivers for other things such as ball hitch to move boat trailer, etc. And of course, to keep my beautiful factory bumper and brush guard from going away, which is probably the number one reason. lol

Thanks for Looking !!!!

IMG_0101.jpg

Bata Bing Bata boom

IMG_0103.jpg

Last edited:

85_Ranger4x4

December 2013 OTOTM
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Suspension Style
4wd
I just built a winch mount with the same intention for my '85.

Mine has a bodylift and I moved the bumper up so I actually have room under the bumper for the receiver.

I am going to make a grille guard similar to the factory winch mount and just have my receiver mounted winch floating inside it.

broncogal

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1989 Loaded XLT
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
Engine Size
2.9 V6
Suspension Style
4wd
My credo
"Can't Never Did Shit"
I just built a winch mount with the same intention for my '85.

Mine has a bodylift and I moved the bumper up so I actually have room under the bumper for the receiver.

I am going to make a grille guard similar to the factory winch mount and just have my receiver mounted winch floating inside it.

Nice, Thanks for Sharing!