•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

!986 Bronco II HELP!

94_5LitreRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Hey guys

First off thanks in advance to anyone that can help me troubleshoot this more than i have already so i have a 1986 Bronco II with a 2.9L v6 manual transfer, manual 5 spd, locking warn, 4x4 etc etc...

Anyways long story short i needed a fuel pump so ive so far replaced the in tank fuel pump, it also has that cylinder type of fuel filter the older style unscrewed that which was a BITCH. replaced that and also replaced the inline fuel pump the one on the drivers side frame rail. made all good connections from what i would figure to be proper made sure all fuel lines were snugged up and not leaking and c clips were in properly tried starting it it sits there trying to turn over so my buddies dad said check the shrader valve at the injectors i unscrewed that no hiss nothing coming out so no pressure building up obviously i also couldnt hear the pump which isnt right i know that. when i first installed the fuel pump the one in the tank i heard it turn on once then ever since then it hasnt and when it did the truck ran for like 5 seconds then shut off even with my foot giving it some gas and my buddies dad also mentioned to check the 3 relays on the passenger side one of them being fuel pump relay i believe the green colored one well mine has a bit of corrosion on the one tooth off the relay so i went to pick n pull go another off a bronco II 80's havnt put that in yet but besides all that does anyone has any other suggestions?

id appreciate the help!

adsm08

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
You have already told us the fuel pumps don't run and the relay is damaged. Can't go any farther until the known bad part is replaced.

I wouldn't use a JY on though. You can go to the parts store and get a new one for $12. Why play with used parts when new ones are so cheap?

rusty7983

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
What about the ignition module? No spark no fuel. safety thing.

rusty7983

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Do you get power to the pumps? is the kill switch on the hump working?