•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Abandoned & Junk Bronco II's

Jim Oaks

Administrator
Administrator
Founder
Article Contributor
Reaction score
I love going to salvage yards. I always see vehicles that I'd love to bring home and give new life to.

Likewise, I've been driving down the road and seen vehicles abandoned in yards or fields, and wondered why they don't sell the vehicle to someone who will bring it back to life.

Keep your eyes open for Bronco II's. They're becoming fewer and fewer.

If you see one that's been abandoned in a yard or sitting in a salvage yard, post a photo. Let's see what you find.

Attachments

superds

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
84 90 2013
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.8/2.9/5.0
All four of my family's BIIs were basically abandoned vehicles. One had been sitting at a business' back lot for several years untouched. Another had some parts sold off of it in the previous owner's effort to part it out. And another had been sitting in a field missing its carb and distributor, this one smelled like cows had been living in it. The PO wrote "save" on the side because the scrapper was coming through the next week after I agreed to purchase it and it would have been scrapped. Missing carb and distributor? Perfect candidate for a duraspark, and this is currently the best running BII in the fleet.

work_in_progress

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
My B2 was rescued, immaculate interior, well a few rips (2) in the headliner, and no engine in it, as the previous owner decided to replace the first 2.9 and then the second engine didnt work. I now have both engines in my garage and a 4.0 in the bay, awaiting some tranny work

tate22

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1989 bronco ll
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
I saw my 89 bronco ll 3 years ago being pushed out of a garage for the scraper. The owners said it didn't run for years. Gave them $400. The injectors were frozen, a friend hit them with some voltage, fresh gas and new starter and change all fluids, puppy started right up and been driving ever since

Last edited:

Jim Oaks

Administrator
Administrator
Founder
Article Contributor
Reaction score
It would be cool to see before and after photos of Bronco II's that were left for dead and resurrected.

wild horse

Forum Moderator
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
FORD
Engine Size
v-8 ranger

I know it's not a B2 , But it's a nice running and driving ranger with a 302 with a skyjacker lift on 35"s and it's only $300 ! It's at rollins auto wrecking in mountain highway in spanaway washington. I hope somebody close save's this ranger before it gets crushed !

Attachments

NEALD

Reaction score
Wish it was near me, it would be mine. Can't find a deal on any 1st Gen rangers around here.

wild horse

Forum Moderator
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
FORD
Engine Size
Yea lol. I wish I had the money because my rig is dead so I have no way to get around.

HI ENUF

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
Suspension Style
4wd
Turned in some scrap metal last year and decided to walk through the yard. Seen this 90 sitting there. Checked it out and interior was excellent and engine looked like it wasn't missing anything. To bad it was built in 89 and had the Dana 28 up front. My brother inlaw knows the owner and he owed me a favor for doing some remodeling on his house. Told him instead of paying me, I asked if he could get the owner of the scrap yard to have it delivered to my place. Three weeks later it was mine. Pulled it into my stall ( shop) and with a new battery and fresh fuel it fired up. Put it in gear and after a few seconds the trans engaged. I shut it off and almost fell on my a_ _ stepping out on my floor. It must have bleed to death that minute it was running. Being a plow truck you can guess what the problem was.
Not worth repairing due to extensive rust, however I always wanted a tan interior and power windows in my 84.

Attachments