•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

alternator Bronco II

freddie2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II
Hi,
i must to change my bronco's alternator, but i don't known compatible models i must to buy, 60 or 65 or 80 ampere? and the serie's number is not in compatible number? E87F-10-352-AA and E87F8AB289B...
help for what model i do buy?
thank you !!

freddie2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II
hi ! nobody know how many ampere i have need for my new alternator?

PartyPony

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
My credo
Cowabunga!
Hey @freddie2. Plain and simple, you need an alternator with enough amps to power all the electronics your car runs. Going too high isn't an issue. Going too low, though, will be.

In my '84 Bronco II, the recommended alternator from Autozone/NAPA/etc. is often 60amps. I just bought and installed a 65 amp unit yesterday and it works great. Electronically, my truck is pretty stock except for an aftermarket stereo – no subwoofer or external amp though – so 65 amps is plenty. If you're running off-road lights, a subwoofer, or other additional electronic accessories, you'll likely want something higher rated.

freddie2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II
Hey @freddie2. Plain and simple, you need an alternator with enough amps to power all the electronics your car runs. Going too high isn't an issue. Going too low, though, will be.

In my '84 Bronco II, the recommended alternator from Autozone/NAPA/etc. is often 60amps. I just bought and installed a 65 amp unit yesterday and it works great. Electronically, my truck is pretty stock except for an aftermarket stereo – no subwoofer or external amp though – so 65 amps is plenty. If you're running off-road lights, a subwoofer, or other additional electronic accessories, you'll likely want something higher rated.
thank you very much ! i understand and it's ok now !