•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Badlands being delivered tomorrow!

Bracket racer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Badlands sport
After extensive talking with the wife, we both agreed to get a road legal off road truck for my YouTube channel “low range in Nova Scotia”.
Currently she drives an 02 explorer (named Dora) I have a 91 Ranger on 35’s/welded diffs etc and my kid runs a 06 ranger on 33’s. All of these builds can be found on the ranger station.

So,I wanted a bare bones 2dr bronco with Sasquatch package but wanted to keep my f150 with the 8’ box. She wants to trade in her focus titanium with 30,000s for a fully loaded off road truck. Bronco sport fit the bill. I agreed but it needed the badlands package so we could off road it. She agreed, fought with several dealers and voila, one is being delivered from 5hrs away to our home. (Covid crap, apparently they do this) The dealer 6kms from our house was still $4000 above this other guys so we pulled the trigger.

Cyber orange badlands edition 2021 bronco sport! Woohoo!!
I’ll get some pictures tomorrow and post them and then the extensive off road “testing” lol!

Uncle Gump

Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II
Suspension Style
4wd
Nice...

I wanted to get my wife into a Bronco Sport... but she just drive too much. Maybe when she can work more from home...

Uncle Gump

Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II
Suspension Style
4wd
Just don't beat on it like the donkey until the new car smell is gone...

Congrats on the new sport.

Bracket racer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Badlands sport
But, but, but.....😁

Need a name for it now, anybody have a suggestion???

JerryC

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
But, but, but.....😁

Need a name for it now, anybody have a suggestion???
I used the name of the color as inspiration for mine.
Area 51 -> Paul (the Alien)

Cyber Orange. -> Charlie Oscar ???
"Juice" and "OJ" is too easy.

Bracket racer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Badlands sport
Thanks for the reply, getting there...

Cyber.... cyborg....

Uncle Gump

Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II
Suspension Style
4wd
I would never do that my friend...

Bracket racer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Badlands sport
😂😂

On another note, 25kms in the middle of nowhere on a logging road, buried it!😳
Extremely impressed how well this works, but I tried to turn around after breaking trail for a couple Kms. Backed over some frozen tracks and she was on her belly, all four tires dangling. I had a shovel so I started digging, luckily the wife told me to take the spade not the snow shovel because of the ice!!
Learned two things;
  1. tires aren’t big enough and the wheel wells are too small! This thing needs 31’s!
  2. you must brake torque it to build boost and then you have a shit ton of power. If you treat it like a non boosted engine, {let off the brake and stab the gas} it does not have the snap to get enough momentum. Bit of brake torquing and wow, she’s got power!
Something I REALLY like is the throttle control. I didn’t realize that when you’re in sport mode, throttle is instant and when in rockcrawl it’s about 50%. In other words, you give it 1/2 throttle and it only goes to 1/4, makes for very smooth application of throttle and takes the bounce out of the gas peddle. Wife even commented that she doesn’t have to lay her foot against the tunnel to stop from stabbing the gas when she hits a bump.

Edit: sorry picture is crappier than I thought.

Attachments

JerryC

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
We always need more tire!

Bracket racer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Badlands sport
The fact you can’t pull the fenders or cut them out even because the wheel wells are so small really sucks. Have to go outwards with longer a arms and axles I guess. Debating how much room is there to drop the kframe down an inch or two and add a couple inches lift at the struts to get 31’s or so on it.

JerryC

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Have you seen what the guy from HRG has done with his?
If not you'll be amazed.

modified

Stock

Bracket racer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Badlands sport
Have you seen what the guy from HRG has done with his?
If not you'll be amazed.

modified

Stock
Yes I watched a bunch of his videos and like what he’s done. He’s still only running a 1.5” lift and 245’s so 29.5” tall or so. I’d like to get 31’s minimum under it! I was concerned with the lack of low range but after getting it stuck and realizing you have to get the turbo spoiled up, it’s got LOTS of power. No I wouldn’t have believed it before driving it, but it works very well.