•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Best Ford Factory Rims for 85 BII

tidmarshsmiths5

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.8l stock
The caps would be free...no charge. No worries if you don't want them, I'll just put them in the pile of BII parts shelf I'm accumulating...

wildbill23c

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Suspension Style
4wd
My credo
19K, 19D, 92Y, 91F
I've got a pallet of parts which I don't care to move as one is a 2.8L engine block, however I somehow managed to pick it up and carry all 300+ pounds of it myself for a short distance.

tidmarshsmiths5

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.8l stock
Dumb question...Explorer 16 inch rims fit? found a set of 4 on Craigslist the guy wants $145 for...I wouldn't pay more than $100...need so many other things, but they are in great shape...just don't know if I want to go to a 16 inch tire, etc...

The guy selling them says they will and I know a guy who cut up a bronco to make a rabbit/coon hunting truck out of it that put 16s on without any mods but I saw it one time and my memory isn't as good as it used to be...

superds

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
84 90 2013
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.8/2.9/5.0
Some Explorer wheels will fit, some won't. Post a picture and I can tell you. There are a few Explorer wheels from 96-01 4 door models and 98+ Rangers that have a smaller hub opening than would fit over the front locking hubs. I had a set of late Ranger wheels I had machined to fit over the hubs.

tidmarshsmiths5

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.8l stock
Found my answer - the front hub hole is too small...so, I passed...besides, I really like my bullet hole rims. They look good cleaned up; just need to get some new lugnuts and hub covers...

I did see some on a Ranger last week that if I could get a set just like them, I would have them machined to fit - they were perfect. When I get some pics I'll put them up of those ranger rims (it's like a certain year Chevy Tahoe rim - for me, just a perfect looking rim).

2005 Ranger Rims:

Last edited:

superds

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
84 90 2013
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.8/2.9/5.0
The wheels on that black ranger in your post have a smaller hub diameter than is necessary. Those are the same style I had machined to fit on my Ranger.