•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Blinker/Blower issue

MaBronco2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
Bizzarre issue in my 89 Eddie Bauer. With just the battery on, the blinkers/hazards and heat/AC work like a charm. When I've started it, the hazards work but the blinkers and blower do not function. Any idea whats going on?
New user and new owner, any help is appreciated

Uncle Gump

Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II
Suspension Style
4wd
Hazards are HOT at all times... regardless of ignition switch position.

Turn signals and blower require the ignition to be in the accessory or RUN position. It kinda sounds to me like your ignition switch might be causing you the issues. I would suggest when the engine is running and things don't work... wiggle the ignition key a bit and see if things come back to life. If so... you will probably need a new ignition switch.

MaBronco2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
Thanks Uncle Gump will check the ignition switch and report back

89XLTBII

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II XLT
Agreed. With running, try rotating key switch a very small amount in the counterclockwise direction (not far enough to switch off). Sometimes those accessories will come back on.

MaBronco2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
Thanks for the response guys. I've ended up putting in a new starter motor, solenoid and ignition switch which has solved the problem. It is running great, I just did a 120 mile road trip.
My new issue is the four wheel drive is not engaging. When I shift it, the 4x4 doesn't light up. I'll start with ordering a new transfer case motor and see if that does the trick. Here's a pic of it.
Attached

duffy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
Nice looking rig..........