•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Blinkers and brake light

Bonezboi_13

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II
I have an 89 bronco 2. I love the damn thing ? lol. But last night the blinker on the drivers rear quit working resulting in me being pulled over. The brake light has been out since I got it, to lazy to change bulb. Lol. Today I replaced the bulb and I still have no brake light and no blinker. I've tested the wires with my test light and I have no power from the blinker or brake light but taillight works. I've pulled connector off of a B2 out at junkyard thinking maybe the plug was bad. Nope still same thing after plug is swapped. So I again test wires at the new connection spot and still no power. I turn taillights on and there's power but without being connected to the bulb socket the wire has no power while taillights are still on. I have a multimeter but it's with my buddy whose outta town for a few days. I'm at a loss right now tryin to figure this ish out. I hate electrical ? lol any advice would help at this point I want to drive my baby lol

alwaysFlOoReD

Blang - not bling
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '93, '98
Vehicle
Various
Engine Size
4.0, 4.0, 4.6
Suspension Style
4wd
I don't like electrical either.
Best I can suggest is to find the colors of the wires and follow them back until you find power.

Bonezboi_13

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II
Could be a fuse issue also.
Already checked both fuse boxes. All fuses are good. Think it maybe brake light switch. Just ordered a new one last night so we will see lol

glynny2061

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
bronco II
I have the same problem on my 88 . Mine is the other side. Tale light works and reverse light but no turn or brake light. Fasher is working and light on dash works. Driver side works fine. Maine power wire to right side also feed plate lights and they work, Time to chase wires and look for short .

JerryC

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
If you have trailer hitch and wiring, I'd look at the hitch wiring.
Aftermarket wiring is usually tapped into one side or the other.

Uncle Gump

Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II
Suspension Style
4wd
It sounds like maybe even a bulb issue... perhaps the bulb socket.

Trailer wiring is always suspect if it exists... and is always the first thing I check if it does,