•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Blown head gasket or intake manifold crack?

shoodabinacowboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
Suspension Style
4wd
My credo
If it ain’t broke…and f Duralast
Hi I’m in Pa
1989 Ford Bronco II 2.9L v6 misfire and intake manifold gasket hole??

It’s a short video and u can’t see the smoke until the end when I’m blipping the throttle, but definitely not a head gasket…right??

any of you guys seen this before?

I get 280-350 F degrees at each cylinder (via exh manifold readings at ports w infrared temp gun). but on Cyl 4 (left front/driver’s side, furthest from firewall), I just get residual heat at about 165*…that, and it sounds like a miss and is rocking the motor so bad I need to check the mounts probably. Either way I’m not firing on all 6. #4 is a coNstant miss.

, Just did a full tune-up, didn’t fix problem, and I found the “leak” in the attached vide. I thought when I went remove #4 spark plug and it basically FELL out, that I’d be golden. But this scares me.

TIA for any help or advice y’all can provide!!!

Ford 4 life,
Greg

Last edited:

shoodabinacowboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
Suspension Style
4wd
My credo
If it ain’t broke…and f Duralast
Hi I’m in Pa
1989 Ford Bronco II 2.9L v6 misfire and intake manifold gasket hole??

It’s a short video and u can’t see the smoke until the end when I’m blipping the throttle, but definitely not a head gasket…right??

any of you guys seen this before?

I get 280-350 F degrees at each cylinder (via exh manifold readings at ports w infrared temp gun). but on Cyl 4 (left front/driver’s side, furthest from firewall), I just get residual heat at about 165*…that, and it sounds like a miss and is rocking the motor so bad I need to check the mounts probably. Either way I’m not firing on all 6. #4 is a coNstant miss.

, Just did a full tune-up, didn’t fix problem, and I found the “leak” in the attached vide. I thought when I went remove #4 spark plug and it basically FELL out, that I’d be golden. But this scares me.

TIA for any help or advice y’all can provide!!!

Ford 4 life,
Greg
Bump?

JerryC

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
I can't tell where the smoke is coming from and all I hear is either the fan or power steering pump.
Did you do a compression check on that cylinder?