•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Broken Tail Gate Handle

Viperpit07

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Looking for some help with fixing my lift gate handle. I know this has been covered but alas I happen to have 84.
however my door locks dont match the lift gate key cylinder anymore anyways. So I don't care if I can lock it.
Original handle is broken off on the inside, so it is no longer contacting the latch mechanism which still works.

Can I just replace it with a 91 explorer handle anyways or will that not work. I just want to be able to open the stinkin thing at this point. thanks in advance for ANY help on this. Cheers

JonahAndTheWhale

1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
Suspension Style
4wd
My credo
Use it up, where it out, make do or do without.
I have a 90 b2 that the lift gate handle in also broken. I also have a 93 explorer I am going to use the handle out of. Not sure with a 84 b2, but everything I have read says it will work. You just have to drill the bolt holes slightly bigger.

JonahAndTheWhale

1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
Suspension Style
4wd
My credo
Use it up, where it out, make do or do without.
WOW!! That's crazy expensive

Lockguy1967

Reaction score
well all depends on how bad you need or want them. Some that have bought them already say it was cheap as they have not been able to find anything and they have looked for many years for new ones. When items are readily available the prices are lower, and when they are hard to find and very few around the price goes up unfortunately