•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Bronco 2 88 to 89 interior + rear quarter panel repair

pcrxwun1

1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
Suspension Style
4wd
I am currently fixing up a B2 I bought from my sister mostly because I was hurting for a vehicle. My plan was to drive it until it broke down or until I saved enough money for a down payment on something else. Then I started to slowly repair a bunch of issues and learned a ton of stuff about it. Lo and behold I fell in love with the thing. I decided instead of taking on a healthy car payment I will fix the one up. I'm getting to know every nut and bolt on this thing learning as I go. I have repaired the smashed rear quarter panel and am now doing a complete interior swap. 88 to 89 including the dash. I decided to share on this forum mostly because I could find very little info on the dash swap and had to figure it out myself. as soon as I figure out how to share pictures on this forum I have a bunch of them. Looks like I figured it out :) This is the quarter panel I fixed myself. The body shop wanted $2000 just to fix the dent, no paint. I am not even close to a professional but I am very good at teaching myself things and researching them.

Attachments

alwaysFlOoReD

Blang - not bling
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '93, '98
Vehicle
Various
Engine Size
4.0, 4.0, 4.6
Suspension Style
4wd
Wow, that's impressive!
Good job.

XTC90BII

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Suspension Style
4wd
My credo
Do what you can with what you have where you are
Very nice, great job.

Dennis

Cees Klumper

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II 2WD
Great job!
Bitten by the Bronco II bug eh? Will follow with great interest. Just bought my first one a few weeks ago + learning also.

wend3lrt

Reaction score
Vehicle
Bronco ii
The quarter panel looks great. You did an awesome job!

JerryC

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Impressive!

duffy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
Very nice job. I just got an 89' B2 last weekend and of course it's got some rust and dents as well.

Jim Oaks

Administrator
Administrator
Founder
Article Contributor
Reaction score
I've recovered the headliner in my Bronco II. It's pretty easy. Hit a local fabric / craft store for the headliner material and some spray adhesive. The biggest problem I ran in to was the backing the adhesive is stuck to. Mine was starting to crack. I reinforced the backs of the cracks with Gorilla tape before applying the material to the face of it.