•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Bronco 2 Air Cleaner Vacuum Hose??

Backpacker

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco 2
Im rebuilding my 1990 bronco 2 , 2.9L , and i found a hose that im not sure where it connects to. Pic below

Attachments

Cees Klumper

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II 2WD
I'm just a newbie but that looks more like an electrical connection than a hose to me. The end actually looks like the connector for the coolant temperature sender, but that's just on the other side of the engine on my 2.9 (also a '90). Perhaps it is a plug for another sender, like oil pressure or what have you. Others chime in please!

Backpacker

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco 2
I'm just a newbie but that looks more like an electrical connection than a hose to me. The end actually looks like the connector for the coolant temperature sender, but that's just on the other side of the engine on my 2.9 (also a '90). Perhaps it is a plug for another sender, like oil pressure or what have you. Others chime in please!
When you turn the bronco on, you can hear air being sucked into the hose though? When you disconnect it while its idling the idle rpm will go up a noticeable amount as well. Please answer kind of urgent :)

alwaysFlOoReD

Blang - not bling
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '93, '98
Vehicle
Various
Engine Size
4.0, 4.0, 4.6
Suspension Style
4wd
For now, plug it off until you find where its supposed to go. The other end may go to a vacuum switch. Perhaps on the air cleaner box lid or down to the heat riser valve that allows warm air from the exhaust manifold to enter the air filter box.

Backpacker

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco 2
I've discovered where it goes and now my bronco runs like a champ. Thanks for replying and trying to help out!

alwaysFlOoReD

Blang - not bling
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '93, '98
Vehicle
Various
Engine Size
4.0, 4.0, 4.6
Suspension Style
4wd
Your welcome.
How about telling the rest of us so we know too? Lol.

Backpacker

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco 2
Yah sure, if you look under the hood there is a vacuum line diagram. It shows that that line goes to the canister attached to the distribution case.

Backpacker

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco 2
Air distribution case*

Backpacker

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco 2
To anyone who stumbles upon this thread, the canister that i said that the hose went to actually doesnt go to the T on the passenger side, but to the T on the drivers side. The top vacuum line on the T on the passenger side that i have circled in the picture above actualy goes to your Bi Met, which is on the air intake box. Then also on ur Bi Met there should be a Vacuum line that attaches to ur A/cl dv, which is a Air cleaner diverter valve. So yah, i was incorrect before.

alwaysFlOoReD

Blang - not bling
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '93, '98
Vehicle
Various
Engine Size
4.0, 4.0, 4.6
Suspension Style
4wd