•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Bronco 2 SAS?

crosshairs4495

Reaction score
Currently I'm working on my 87 Bronco II that I received from my late grandfather it's last motor had 299000 miles it befotr the odometer quit working and it was thrashed like pulling 14" diameter oak trees 20 foot in llength trailers ect its an amazing truck and had regular oil changes. I recently swapped and a 2.9 with 100k into it that runs fine ish needs some work. I was considering doing a solid-axle swap on the front end and need some ideas for the direction I should go and what would be the easiest to do I know no matter what I do there will be work involved I'm not afraid of welding measuring or anything I just need directions to goes as I've never done a solid-axle Swap and don't exactly know what parts I would need I was also curious about some exhaust modifications similar to a stack on a semi. Thanks

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

offroadohio

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Eaaoeat would be an early bronco dana 44 with stock early bronco suspension

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

crosshairs4495

Reaction score
Thats a sexy B2 offroad same color and body style as mine. Ia yours the 2.9l or Did you do a v8 swap? Also what front axle did you use and did you have any special modifications you had to do to it? Currently I have swapped the d35 rear end blew the 28 up pulling trees and I have a 28 front still that had blown u joints that won't budge or,I would be driving it and tuning the motor... I have a front ttb d35 with a locker laying around my,house but it has bad rust inside and the only part that is good is the locker and a u joint needs new brakes bushing steering and stabilizer bar so I'm not aure if I even want to mess with the ttb I want my b2 to be the vehicle I can take everywhere. Like I use to be able to with my stock everything lol I'm,bout half way done,with this project and the front half is stopping me and the fuel injectors/fuel pressure regulator i have a leak in the pressure regulator all kind of minor stuff its an old b2

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

offroadohio

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Its a 4.0
Early bronci d44
Explorer 8.8

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

deathbypsi

06/2012 STOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
2.3turbo

Im using a EB d44 with a drop pitman arm and Ruff Stuff 1 ton TRE steering kit. Need to ream out everything for the bigger tie rods. Rest of my truck is on a James Duff SAS kit.