•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Bronco 2 tailgate handle

5.0 Kid

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 soon to be 5.0
I am looking for a new tailgate handle for my bronco 2. Does anyone know where I can buy one? I don't see them at rock auto or lmc. Maybe I'm just blind. As far as finding them in a junkyard, that is not going to happen around here. I would like to buy more then one, as I do have more then one b2 with broken handles, and it would be nice to have a spare. My bronco 2's have the fixed glass. Any help would be appreciated.

shadow88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
FORD
Engine Size
Try bronco graveyard, I thought I seen them there, or one off a exploder will work

ab_slack

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
The ones off the explorer need some mods but can be made to work. I see that someplace. I never had luck at Bronco Graveyard, but maybe they come and go and didn't have any at the time I was lucking.

I did a repair on mine that worked great, I have a thread someplace with the details.

Before doing that I had stumbled across someplace that was producing a new replacement of some sort. It was somewhat unclear if it was the right thing and no pictures so I didn't. Later I read someplace someone having ordered ones (same concerns about it being the right part as I had) and said it was the right thing. I can't find that info now of course.

shadow88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
FORD
Engine Size
It's in the summer catalog, but I couldn't pull it up on line either

5.0 Kid

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 soon to be 5.0
Thanks everyone. I was beginning to think that they were not available anymore. Looks like there is still hope. :D

whtknght

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II
get an Explorer handle and just enlarge the bolt holes. That is what I did

whtknght

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II
I used an explorer handle. It was even marked glass and door. Had to slightly enlarge the left and right bolt holes. Center shaft is larger but fit through existing center hole.

easy peasy