•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Bronco back door antenna mount

85_Ranger4x4

December 2013 OTOTM
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Suspension Style
4wd
Original Poster: 85_Ranger4x4

Difficulty: 2 out of 10

Time to install: 20 minutes

Disclaimer: The Ranger Station.com, The Ranger Station.com Staff, nor the original poster are responsible for you doing this modification to your vehicle. By doing this modification and following this how-to you, the installer, take full responsibility if anything is damaged or messed up. If you have questions, feel free to PM the original poster or ask in the appropriate section of The Ranger Station.com forums.

Brief Explanation: How to install radio (CB/GMRS/Ham on the back door of a Sasquatch Bronco (or any Bronco that has accomodations made for more clearance between the spare tire and back door.

I researched this way back when and someone said it fits great and posted pictures so I snagged one and forgot about it. Turns out they don't fit non sasquatch Broncos because of the tire clearance.

Tools Needed:
- 1/2" Socket/ratchet
- Whatever tools are needed to mount your antenna

Parts Needed:
- Antenna bracket for a Jeep Wrangler JL (2018 to current as of 2022) My particular one is a "Hook Road Wrangler" from Amazon

---------------------------------------------------------

Steps 1: Remove the two rightmost bolts from the spare tire carrier. Use the 1/2" socket/ratchet (yes 1/2", it threw me off too. 12mm is too small and 13mm is too sloppy)

Step 2: Reinstall bolts with bracket in place.

Step 3: Install antenna:

Step 4: Why this doesn't work on non Sasquatch Broncos

Sidequest, cable routing thoughts.

The cover on the inside of the back door, the top has hooks the bottom has latches so pop it off from the bottom.

Top is to the right.

And to get through the door there is a large grommet to the left of the spare tire carrier the factory wiring passes through. I would poke a hole in that and assemble the cable connector on the other side. DO NOT just poke it through the exhauster flaps or you will have a open hole into the back of your car for dust intrusion.