•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Bronco Ditch Light Install

85_Ranger4x4

December 2013 OTOTM
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Suspension Style
4wd
Difficulty: 3 out of 10

Time to install: A couple hours

Disclaimer: The Ranger Station.com, The Ranger Station.com Staff, nor the original poster are responsible for you doing this modification to your vehicle. By doing this modification and following this how-to you, the installer, take full responsibility if anything is damaged or messed up. If you have questions, feel free to PM the original poster or ask in the appropriate section of The Ranger Station.com forums.

Brief Explanation: How to mount ditch lights at the base of the A pillars in a 2021+ Bronco that came pre-equipped with upfitter switches.

Tools Needed:
- Bronco tool kit
- T27 Plus socket/wrench
- Wiring supplies (cutters, crimpers, solder gun etc depending on how you roll)
- Test light or multi-meter
- Trim removal tool
- Whatever tools your lights need

Parts Needed:
- Lights
- Wiring Supplies (wire, heat shrink connectors etc)

Step One: Remove both "Bronco Bolts" at one side of your car.

Step Two: Using the trim removal tool carefully pop the inner cowl free.

Step Three: Wiring

If you have factory auxiliary switches the wires for those are located on the DS firewall. Keep this in mind as you plot your wire routing scheme. The custer of wires that deadhead with heat shrink on the ends is where the magic happens.

The wiring tucks in neatly behind the plastic cowl panel:

Route it inboard of the "Bronco Bolts" and it will come out on the top of the inner fender (shiny black wire on top):

\

When you go to button it up our passenger side of the cowl didn't want to pop back down. While making sure everything is lining up I found I had to push as pictured to get it to go back into place, I assume the latches are in that area.

Kinda cheesy but you have to go into the manual via the radio in the car (or online) and find out what wire does what. Not a bad idea to double check before you commit.

I ran the wiring from the passenger side over to the driver, spliced it with the drivers side and then hooked it up the the wiring that came with the car.

Last edited:

85_Ranger4x4

December 2013 OTOTM
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Suspension Style
4wd
Step 5: Mount the lights:

I tried to mount the lights to the inboard Bronco bolt, but the passenger side wouldn't aim right and hit the radio antenna.

So I snagged a set of brackets, I used JCR ones because as of now that is all that was available that fit my needs.

I mounted the lights as far outboard as I could, I did have to be mindful of the mirror break away swing range so they didn't hit the lights though.

All done!

Uncle Gump

Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II
Suspension Style
4wd
Those look pretty good...

Did you get those from James Oaks Ent.?