•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Bronco II presure hose power steering leak quick connector oring fix

Piporipo

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Hi, I am new at posting but have found many solutions here from great guys many times, and when I had a hard time fixing my power steering hose I really didnt find anything any where, so I decided to tell u how I did it in case someone needs it.

For starters mine is a 1990 Bronco II, manual, 2.9 engine, the power steering hose started leaking really bad almosta quarter a day, I am a try to fix guy, but I really had it with this, everywhee I looked Haynes manual, online manuals, autoaprts schematics, all said " If the leak occurs between the tube and the nut the hose must be replaced" The oring on this thing its not replaceable, I am in Mexico Nuevo Laredo rigth across the border, so here the hose its 400 pesos somewhere arounf 35 Dls and in Texas is 22 Dls plus toll bridge and gas and the Jack in the box for the long trip, none of the yunk yards had it, Ebay too expensive, anyways as i was heading to the autoparts I decided to take another look it it.

in my case the oring had vanished or desintegrated or just fallen so the screwing nut or connector had some shimmy from to back but no way to put a new oring thru the front, so y took an oring and opened real wide and passed it all the way til the back of the connector, then using the shimmy space y pushed using a small screw driver, and a piece of flattened wire, took about 5 minutes of pushing and spinning, but I managed to get it in, started the engine and Voilaaa !!!!! no more leaks, the oring fit rigth in there and the same presure of the hose help seal, so this is my fix and it will save you lots of money if you ever needed.

Thank you all for all your help in the past, even if you didnt knew.

hence I wasnt sure it would work I didint took pictures.

PetesPonies

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II
I understand everything you said :) Glad it worked out. Although a hose is not expensive, no one wants to spend money when they don't have to spend it. It just pays to look closely before you spend.

alwaysFlOoReD

Blang - not bling
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '93, '98
Vehicle
Various
Engine Size
4.0, 4.0, 4.6
Suspension Style
4wd